My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Live Mannequin Stops Traffic...

Oh my gosh, live mannequins do stop traffic. Who's that girl in the window??!!!??

LOL!!!! Surprise!!!! It's me!!!!!!

Check this out. I'm on the inside of our store...

and it is empty!!! I can't believe it.

I am so HAPPY!!!!! This is going to be my store.

This is where we are going to have the Moda Bake Shop. I think we even have some calorie free Moda Chocolate to go on these shelves.

This is where my favorite area will be...Sarah's "Sew"cial Lounge.

Haaa...how many of me do you see in this picture? We decided to keep one dressing room for customers who want to learn to sew clothes. That way they will have a place to try their garments on in private. It has three really big mirrors.

Well it's time to get to work. My mom bought me my very own vacuum cleaner. It is really light so I won't have any trouble pushing it. We have to get the place cleaned up because the painters are coming in tomorrow.

Now here's the best part about our store. If I walk out our door and climb these steps...

My dad is up here working. Well not right now because it is later at night, but during the day he will be. So I can come see him whenever I want to. OK time to go home.

"Mom what are you doing???" OMG...we were just driving along and all of a sudden my mom comes to a jerking stop. Right in front of this pile of garbage. "I can't believe it." She just called my dad to bring the van. She is turning into a garbage picker. So embarrassing...

Hmmm....well maybe this was a good find. She will clean it up and then give it a fresh coat of spray paint...

...just like she is doing with this table. I have to stay inside when she does this because of my asthma. But when she is done see how cute this will be...

...one yard of Verna by my favorite designer Kate Spain and it is now an adorable table for the quilt store.
.
I will probably not be blogging so much this month because we have a lot to do to get the store ready for the grand opening. I will try to keep you posted on our progress.

16 comments:

my family said...

oh sarah, how exciting I love it!!

The VW's said...

How exciting!!! Looks like you and your Mom will be very busy! Have fun! Hugs!!!

Adelaide Dupont said...

Do keep us posted!

What a wonderful series of pictures for the store.

It's great to see all the different areas/zones.

Especially loved the Live Mannequin picture - the first or second one.

And Kate Spain's covering!

Heather said...

So excited for your store Sarah and that you will be able to see your dad everyday.You are both so lucky.and Sarah,is that a fireplace behind you?Will you be able to use it in the winter time?

Great job vacuming also!

Kristen said...

I am so excited for you and your new store!

Karen said...

There's so much that I love about this. I love the fabric shop, and the fact that you're hiring the best employees ever. I love that you're teaching people to sew, and having "sew"cials. And I doubly love that your family all works that close together. God is good.

JRS said...

First of all, it must be said that you look gorgeous in that yellow dress! I can't wait to see your store once it is ready. Exciting!
---Jen

Rochelle said...

So exciting! Can't wait to see your store up and running. You look beautiful in your yellow dress, you definitely can stop traffic!
And you girls can garbage pick anytime for me, that was a great find!

Becca said...

How completely exciting this is!! Can't wait to see everything up and running! I love your dress, btw. :-)

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

WONDERFUL store - can't wait to see it after the painters and the "products" are in :) good luck with all of your work!!!

Mary said...

Very exciting!

Bonnie said...

Won't be long now Sarah! I know I said it yesterday, but, GIRRRRLLLL...you look fantastic in that dress! Can't wait to see the store full of fabric and sewing goodies. :)

Cindy said...

Sarah! I love your bright yellow dress! I am so excited about your new shop! And Dad right upstairs?? Perfect!!

JennyH said...

That looks so awesome!! I am so excited for you.

Sally said...

Love your blog! Good luck on your store - I will check back. North Coast Muse @ http://sally1029.wordpress.com

starrlife said...

Oh Sarah- I love that dress! And you are a great model! Can't wait to hear more about the store.