My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Hey Kristen, It's me Sarah

I saw your pictures today. They made me cry a little. Your flowers were beautiful. I miss you. Guess what? We are famous.

The people at etsy wrote a story about us. My mom told me etsy is a very popular website for people who make things so they can sell them. They are going to make pillow cases too for the 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge. Lots of people liked our story. Your light is shinning bright. Hugs, Sarah

11 comments:

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

what a beautiful post, sarah! i saw the article on etsy through kristen's mom's blog! it is a great article about you both and the pillowcase campaign. glad you were featured :)

JennyH said...

I also saw this on Kristen's blog. How very cool you two are famous!

I pray for Kristen's family but I also pray for you. Losing a friend that is so special must be very hard.

Shipley Family said...

So cool Sarah!

Adelaide Dupont said...

Saw the article too.

Yes, you are famous!

Keep up the pillowcase making whenever you can.

Miss Bonnie said...

Sarah, you are a beautiful person inside and out...I'm sure Kristen is smiling down at you from heaven. So happy that yours and Kristen's friendship will bring smiles, love and more soft places for people to rest their heads at night. :) Way to go!

Kristin said...

Sarah - you are awesome!

Heather said...

You are such a good friend Sarah.A truly wonderful,loving friend.

I know you are sad.We all are.But Kristen will help us find our way.I know she will.

Mary said...

How wonderful!

Mama Mason-Mann said...

How cool SArah and what beautiful pictures of both you and Kristen!!!

Dawn said...

What a wonderful story about 2 beautiful girls.

katiecoo said...

I just found your story Sarah...you are such an inspiration! I'm going to find a way to participate in the pillow case challenge even though I don't sew. I can embellish the heck out of anything though so will try that route. You go girl!

Kathy
(I have an etsy store which is how I saw you...)