My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Fine Motor Skills never Go out of Style

With the crib complete, it was time to move onto the changing table.


My mom said she thought I could do this part all by myself.

Sure enough. This is just like being in school and working on my fine motor skills.

I guess they never go out of style. My occupational therapist would be very proud of me. I invited her to the ribbon cutting ceremony. Maybe she will come.

Ok, time to lift it into place. It is not to heavy so I was able to carry my end all by myself.


10 comments:

Mama Mason-Mann said...

Go Sarah! Great work! :)

Blessed with Boys said...

Sarah, It looks like you did a marvelous putting together the crib and changing table! I cant wait to see all that new pretty fabric in them!!! Wish we lived close enough to visit your store!! I've gotten into making pillow cases! They are super fun to sew! Maybe you could make one! Keep up the good work!!

Rochelle said...

Great job! Your OT definitely would be proud to see all your great fine motor skills that went into putting those pieces together.
Your shop is going to be aweseome, can't wait to see the finished product.

Anonymous said...

You definitely needed to have a "ta-dah!!" at the end when you put the changing table up right!

Leah Mraz said...

Little by little it's all coming together. Pretty exciting stuff. :)

Kele@ said...

Indeed your OT would be proud! I know I am impressed!!

Adelaide Dupont said...

Hope your occupational therapist does come to the ribbon cutting.

Perhaps she can refer some of her girls and guys.

Well done with the changing table, and with carrying your end.

BigBearswife said...

awesome job!

The VW's said...

Great job Sarah! You are such a hard worker! Hugs!!!

mum2brady said...

Sarah - your store looks amazing! I can't wait to see it when it's open! The fabrics are beautiful!