My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Awesome

I have not been outside since Monday. Today my mom's car said it was 100 degrees outside. It feels like 120. I am having big time trouble breathing.

She said it was so hot that when Pete (our UPS man) came, she let him put the fabric in the store instead of carrying it upstairs. What??!!? New fabric...I had to go see it.

I was shaking I was so excited. "Let me at them," I screamed.

Oh...it is Awesome. Seriously, it is Awesome. No really, it is Awesome. "Awesome", I say.

I love this one. I think it is my favorite.

Mom come on...there is a tree on this fabric. There is really. This is so fun. I can't wait until the painters are done so we can move in. I had to make a little temporary display, I am so excited...

...TaaDaa...presenting box one of Awesome. The new fall fabric collection by Sandy Gervais for Moda. Stay tuned for more excitement...

11 comments:

Kristin said...

I am so excited for your store. If I ever visit your side of the country I have to stop by :)

Rochelle said...

Those are awesome. Your shop is going to be fantastic!

Mel said...

Those are just gorgeous. I want to learn how to quilt now!

Adelaide Dupont said...

Really has the feel of autumn/fall on it, doesn't it?

Hope you will be able to use the Tree in some capacity.

Loving the colours.

my family said...

AWESOME :)

Lacey said...

I can't wait for your store to open! I'm excited for you!

ABandCsMom said...

LOVE 'em all! Can't wait to see the shop open up. Very exciting!!

Sally said...

Sarah: I missed something. Where is your store and when will you open?

Becca said...

Soooo fun, and such beautiful colors you've got coming in! Can't wait to see it all come together! Will you guys do things other than quilts? I would love to find a fun apron for my little girl in such cool fabric. :-)

Sheva said...

The store is so exciting, im a big time sewer so im a little jealous that you are going to have a fabric store. I also wanted to let you know that my Rozie who has similar breathing issues as you did as a baby also can not go out in the heat it just really makes her breathing hard, so i bet she understands how you feel being stuck in the house.

Melissa said...

Sarah, I think your favorite is my favorite too! Dog-gone it! I have to learn how to sew.... :)