My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Time to Reveal...

...the little secret I've been keeping.

I have been busy decorating the box I carried home from Crate & Barrel last week.

I'm putting the finishing touches on now...from Sarah...

...to Bonnie. Those little flowers are sorta hard for me to write on.

OK, I'm putting last flower on. Oh did you forget who Bonnie is? I think the music notes might give you a hint. She's my very favorite music therapist.

I tell Bonnie everything. She is my friend too. So she has heard all about our quilt store and my other friend Kate Spain. So I decided I wanted to get her a set of Loire plates that Kate designed for her new house. I know she likes Crate & Barrel because when I was at her house after Dirk's book signing I saw a catalog sitting in her office. OK, I am going to music now. I'll let you know how she likes them. See ya later.

9 comments:

Rochelle said...

Oh what a great surprise. Bonnie will love them. Sarah you are so thoughtful and good at keeping surprises quiet!

Kristen said...

You make me smile Sarah. You are so sweet and kind.

Adelaide Dupont said...

Wonderful!

Such a thoughtful gift.

Dirk and Bonnie will love it.

Well done for writing on the flowers. They are so colourful!

Becca said...

What a sweet gift!! And the box is beautiful. :-)

kate spain said...

Sarah, you are too sweet! i love how you decorated the box and even wrote on those little flowers. WOW, that must have been tricky. I hope Bonnie and Dirk like their new plates. You're such a thoughtful and kind person and I consider myself lucky to have a friend like you! Hugs, Kate

Bonnie said...

Yes!!! Sarah, I LOVE the plates! I'm so glad you pointed out the designer! I have loved reading about all of the goodies you will be selling in the new store! Thank you for the beautiful packaging too. :) The perfect Sarah touch! Looking forward to performing with you on Thursday girlfriend!

Mary said...

You are too sweet!

Kristin said...

How could you not love such a sweet gesture, not to mention the great plates!

Loren Stow said...

You are so thoughtful! I am sure she is going to LOVE her gift! :)