My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Swimming on a Saturday

It was hot in Cleveland today. So I put my suit on and told my mom I wanted to go to the pool.

She said it was perfect timing. When we got to the pool I knew why. It was adult swim time. Everyday from 5:30 - 6:30 only adults can be in the pool. That means it is basically empty. I like it that way.

Oh the water is a little cold at first. So my mom told me to dive for the ring and then I would get used to it quicker.

There was a birthday party over in the pavilion with a DJ. I had to stop diving for the ring when he played the chicken dance. LOL!!! I've never done it in the pool before.

Back to diving for the ring.

OMG!!! My mom tossed it on my foot while I was floating on my back. Good one mom.

Time to get out. Here comes the little kids again. How do you like my beach towel? No one can take it. Well I guess if your name was Sarah you could:)

Ahh...now this is the life. Reading by the pool.



12 comments:

To Love Endlessly said...

reading by the pool is the absolute best. Your mom sure has great aim!

Cammie Heflin said...

I LOVE reading by the pool too! Looks like you had fun! Addy's not too crazy about the pool yet :)

Adelaide Dupont said...

Hi Sarah!

What are you reading? It looks like a Full House book, or probably Hannah Montana.

Adult swim is great, especially outdoors, and diving for the ring. Go deep!

(And the chicken dance is great fun too!)

Looking Up said...

Here in Cleveland, this summer has seemed to be especially warm to me. But maybe that's just because I'm getting older. It looked like you had fun at the pool. It's going to be 90 today.....might not be a bad idea to head back there again!

my family said...

looks like a great way to relax

Rochelle said...

Looks like a great day relaxing by the pool. What fun!

Tiffany said...

We love going to the pool....if only I could read a book too!!

JennyH said...

Looks fun and refreshing.

Love the towel.

Heidi said...

Looks like you had a great time at the pool. A perfect thing to do in the summer!

Dawn said...

I don't usually comment, but I just wanted you to know that I love reading your blog and your mom leaves wonderful comments on mine.

My daughter Taylor is only 9 days younger than you. She was born 8/18/89. She has an extra chromosome, just a different one.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful day. Reading by the pool is my favorite thing too.

Karen said...

You had the perfect Saturday afternoon! Swimming, dancing in the water, and reading poolside. Awesome!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

It looks like a lot of fun! I love reading by the pool also.

I loved watching the video, and especially that Sarah dances right in the middle of it. Fun! :)