My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Exempt from Candlelight Ceremony

Tonight my dad said he wanted to talk to me.

So I sat down in his lap. You know I'm still a daddy's girl.

He started giving me kisses. Then he told me that tonight he and mom were going to a candlelight ceremony with TJ and Matt agreed to stay with me to sister sit. Then tomorrow for graduation grandma and grandpa are coming to stay with me so I do not have to go out in the humid heat. That means I am exempt. You know what I said...

Hurray!!!!!! And then they left. When they came home I got to see some pictures...


Ahhh...TJ and Julie.

Oh now I see why it was called a candlelight ceremony.

Yep there's my dad. He graduated from Ohio State in 1983 and now TJ in 2010.
LOL!! Nice picture TJ. Now those are some big buckeyes:)

6 comments:

Mary said...

My sister graduates from OSU this weekend too! She just finished a masters degree to become a Nurse Practitioner. We went to her nursing ceremony today (well, technically, I suppose yesterday) but are skipping her big graduation in the shoe. My mom will be going though so she'll have an audience. Being exempt is pretty nice!

Cammie Heflin said...

Congrats to TJ and Julie!

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

congratulations tj and julie! fun pictures of you and your dad sarah!!!

Rochelle said...

Congrats TJ! Sarah-love the pictures with you and your dad. Very sweet!

Adelaide Dupont said...

Yes (about the big buckeyes!).

Wow. The candlelight ceremony.

I'm sure you and Matt had an awesome time together while Mum and Dad were at the ceremony.

(And it could well have been you to brother sit!)

Hope you always remain a Daddy's girl as long as he and you are alive.

Good luck, Julie, with the new job.

ttownsend said...

congratulations TJ!!!