My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, June 21, 2010

12 Days of Christmas

Six months from this week is Christmas.

So I have to get busy. My mom and I are going to be sewing alot this week. First, I have to unload the fabric.

I try to match them up as I take them out of the box.

Then I have to take the plastic wrapper off each bolt.

Phew...this is hard work. Last week my mom let my brother unload a collection called Fruitcake and I was not too happy about that. This is my fabric. So I took off my jacket and got back to work.

It might seem a little odd that we are unwrapping Christmas fabric in June. But that is because us quilters need time to make our projects in time for the holidays.

Cute. Now I am unwrapping the jelly rolls. They have a 2 1/2" strip of all the fabrics in the collection already precut.

And now the charm packs. They are 5" squares. I like to sew with these. I think they are my favorite.

My mom thought our customers might like this book. So she ordered six of them. We are going to make those stockings on the cover. If you look closely they are made out of this fabric collection which is called 12 days of Christmas and guess what? It was created by my favorite designer...Kate Spain!!! If you go to Kate's blog you can see a picture of her with the woman who designed these four stockings and wrote this book.

Well...here it is. The entire 12 Days of Christmas collection from Moda.

My mom always asks me which one is my favorite. This time it was easy. I like the one with the ice skaters on it because it reminds me of when I ice skated with the Special Olympics.



12 comments:

Kristin said...

That's a lot of fabric. So festive!!

Cammie Heflin said...

Looks so fun! Our heat index is about 100 today so Christmas sounds great!

Heather said...

Looks beautiful Sarah .. all of it.And you have inspired me to start early,at least be thinking about the holidays so when it's here,I'll be more than ready.Can't wait to see all the magic you make for the season!!

Kisses from Miss Zoey

Becca said...

What beautiful fabrics, and how fun to be planning for Christmas so far ahead of time! Wow, I can't believe it's only 6 months away. That time will probably fly by. Have fun!

The VW's said...

You and your Mom look like a couple of busy ladies! Have fun...I can't wait to see your finished projects! Hugs!!

kate spain said...

wow! you sure did a great job unpacking everything. i can't believe how much work you and your mom are doing. hope it's lots of fun! thank you so much for carrying the 12 days of christmas. it's the first time i've seen it on a bolt. Fun! lots of love, kate

Rochelle said...

WOW that is like Christmas in July at your place!
Can't wait to see all your projects!

Lacey said...

Sarah dear, I don't want to think about Christmas yet, we are just now getting warm enough to swim!
Cute fabric though!

Tiffany said...

Holy Cow that's a lot of fabric. You will all be working way too hard!!

JaybirdNWA said...

That is some beautiful fabric all stacked there together. And it sounds as though you are great help. Enjoy it.

JennyH said...

Lots awhole lotta fabric!! Looks fun. I'm sure the finished product will look fabulous!

Lianna said...

Oooooh! I love it! I could roll around all over that fabric because it is so festive and gorgeous...but I won't for obvious reasons! :P

Sarah, I am so happy for you because there is nothing more enriching in this life than creativity!♥