My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

You can Call me Usher

Lol. Did you think I was talking about The Usher. No. Tonight was graduation for the job training program I am in. I was asked to serve as an usher.

So here I am at my post. My job was to pass out the programs.

First I would say hello. This was a fun job. I got to see lots of people I know.

Like Amanda. She is friends with my older brother TJ and his girlfriend Julie. She was here because her friend Sara was graduating tonight. So she came over to see me.

I had to get back to work though. Lots of people were arriving.

Then Mr. Kabat came to see me. He is from my high school. He coordinates all the paper work and stuff so I can be in this program. My mom LOVES him.

Well here they are...the graduates. I have lots of friends in this picture. Congratulations to the CEVEC class of 2010. Next year I will be up on that stage.

7 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

All being well, Usher!

Great to see Amanda and Mr Kavat, among others.

stephanie said...

Sarah you never cease to amaze me!! I wouldn't be surprised at all if it were The Usher!!
and you look beautiful in that color!!! Love it! Can't wait to see you up on that stage!!

Rochelle said...

You crack me up Sarah! Great job and how fun to see all your friends graduating.

Bonnie said...

What a fun way to support all your friends Sarah! Is THIS the notorious MR K???? can't wait to hear about it on Monday. ;-)

Joyce said...

Hi Bonnie, LOL - sorry this is not the famous Mr.K. He is getting a post all his own tonight. This is my Mr. K. though. Love this man. He is so incredibly supportive and so full of knowledge about adult services.

Lisa said...

Hi Sarah! Wow, only 1 more year! Hopefully I will be able to come watch you walk across the stage next year!

Claire said...

Hello Sarah,

I like your blog! I found a website I think you'll like. It has TV shows to watch about a group of friends who have learning disabilities. They all live in a house together and have lots of fun going out, on holiday and to college and work. It's a bit like the TV show "Friends" but it is real.

They live in Brighton which is one of the coolest places in the UK.

Love Claire