My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Turtle Watching

It was a warm, sunny day today. So after music therapy my mom asked me where I wanted to eat and then she said she had an idea.

We turned into the park.

She pulled the car next to a pond and we sat and ate our dinner.

Then we got out and went for a walk. This sign says there are turtles in this pond.

So we sat down and watched. And watched. And watched. And waited. And watched.

Finally I said to my mom, "Are you sure there are turtles in here?" And she said, "Yes, and it's a big one..." and then she started running.

So I ran too. All the way back to the car.

"Mom, are you kidding me!!!??!!!" I looked back and there was no turtle.

8 comments:

Rochelle said...

You two make me giggle. So glad you have so much fun together.

Baby Copty said...

Sarah, your mom is so funny. You two always make me laugh. Oh, and I like your hair parted on the side. It makes you look so grown-up!

Adelaide Dupont said...

As do the lines in the top of your head!

But never mind, you and your Mum had a great laugh and a great memory together.

(Hope you really do see a turtle one day).

stacey said...

you have a beautiful smile sara :)

Lacey said...

I love how you two have so much fun together. You seriously need to get her back for that one!

Kristin said...

Oh - you girls!

To Love Endlessly said...

hahaha!

Daisy said...

Looks like fun! I am new to your blog and have really enjoyed your posts. I look forward to reading more about you!! :)