My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tomorrow's the Big Day

Have you noticed I have not been blogging so much the last few weeks? That's because I've been helping my mom get ready for a big event. It is the day that we are telling our community about our new quilt store. We have been making lots of fun things. Like this cute apron that I get to wear.

My mom has been practicing with me. I have to remember to smile and say "Hello, My name is Sarah. How are you today?" I was so excited tonight I did not want to go to bed. If you want to read a little more about what we are doing you can check out my mom's blog here.

10 comments:

Mel said...

That is super exciting, and I can't wait to see all the photos. Good luck Sarah, but I'm sure you won't need it, you'll be such a natural :)

Anonymous said...

Good Luck. Wish I lived close by. I'd love to see your store.

Jan

Jenn said...

I love your apron, Sarah! I am sure you'll do great. I hope when Mari grows up she enjoys sewing like you do. I have realized lately that I really like it myself!

The VW's said...

How exciting! Have fun with your new adventure! I bet you will do great!

Lacey said...

I'm so excited for you guys to open the store. Wahoo!

Sarah Marie said...

Sarah you are going to look so pretty in that Apron. I want one too! You and your mom should sell those on your blog because they are pretty cool.

sara p said...

i love that apron! great colors i'm sure it looks super cute on you:) hope everything goes great... get some sleep.

Rochelle said...

So exited for you guys. Good luck. You will be super cute in that apron! Can't wait to hear how opening day went.

Daisy said...

Love the apron!! Can't wait to see pictures and see how everything went. Good Luck!

stephanie said...

Sarah that's awesome!!!! I'm so excited for you and your mom!!!

I went to your mom's blog and everything is so pretty!!

Good luck!