My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, May 14, 2010

One Slice or Two

I am going to show you what I do at work.

This is the building where the bus drops me off.

It is called Myers Apartments. It is a place for older persons to live.

I work in the kitchen. The first thing I do each day is go all the way in the back to get a hair net.

I have to pull my hair back and tuck it in.

How do I look?

Then I go into the next room and get my gloves.

I wear a size medium.

Then I go ask what station I will be at today. It is usually packing bread or cookies. Today it is bread. So then I have to ask, "One slice or two?" It depends on what is on the menu. I have to go into the supply room and get a paper liner for the tray. Then I go into the freezer to get the bread and the butter.

I spread the pieces of bread out.

That makes the job of packaging easier.

Then I put one bread into the package.

And one butter. Then I tear it off.
I put the open end into the sealer. I have to be careful because it is hot. Then I push the handle until I hear it buzz. Then I take out the package and turn to put it on the rack.

Look at all these breads I did. I love doing this job. Below is a little video of me in action!!

10 comments:

stephanie said...

Awesome job Sarah! And only you could look so lovely in a hair net!!!

Rochelle said...

Great job Sarah! You look fabulous, only you could look so great in a hair net! Keep up the great work

Karen said...

You go, girl! You get more done in a day than I do.

almcl said...

Sarah- My name is Amanda. I'm a friend of Zoey and her family. I follow your blog EVERYDAY. Keep up all the good work, girl! You are doing an amazing job :)

Adelaide Dupont said...

That is hard work.

I'm sure the people appreciate the wrapped sandwiches very much.

Ann said...

Sarah you are doing great!!!

The most important aspect of going to work is to do a great job with great care! Your bosses are very lucky to have you.

Thank you for sharing!

Loren Stow said...

Great job! You look fabulous in a hair net (I have to wear one too at work sometimes...)!
I am so glad you love your job - it really shows and I can see you worked hard wrapping all those bread slices!
You must be proud of yourself!

The Hapa Girl said...

Sarah, congrats on the job! You are one step closer to financial freedom than I am! Good Job sporting the hair net...maybe with all my hair falling out, it won't be a bad idea wearing one at home too when I'm cooking!

JennyH said...

Glad you love it. Looks like you are very good at your job!! Keep up the great work!

Emily said...

How awesome is that?! I can tell you love your job... keep up the good work!