My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Me and Mr. K.

Last night at the graduation, Mr. K came out to see me. I am not speaking to him. I haven't been for a while.

Mr. K. used to be my job coach in VAL. That stands for the vocational adjustment lab. I used to have a crush on him but then I saw him talking to another girl and I got mad. I came home that day and threw my backpack on my bed and cried. Then my dad told me he is married. That was horrible too.

Mr. K. says we can be friends but I am still mad at him. My mom tried to explain that she had a crush on her 6th grade teacher. His name was Mr. Breen and he wore purple shirts. He would let her create the bulletin boards in his classroom. Then one day he asked another girl to make one. And my mom got mad too. She says I need to move on, but I still think Mr. K is sooooo cute. Maybe next year I will talk to him.

7 comments:

Liz and Brian said...

Sarah, you've got great taste!

Adelaide Dupont said...

I can understand about teacher crushes.

This was a great post about Mr K

The VW's said...

Oh Sarah, every girl has to have her heart broken at least once! At least you know he was married, that's a great reason for him to not fall in love with you. If he hadn't been married, I bet he would have fallen for you hard! Just remember there are lots of fish in the pond! HUGS!!!

Rochelle said...

He is cute, you have great taste Sarah. But, I think there are tons of single good looking guys out there for you!

Alex's Mom said...

Hi Sarah, I know how hard it is to have a crush, Alex had one too,on a much older man and he was not even married. He said the same thing to her - let's be friends. I think this is a great idea - it is nice to have older friends - just not boyfriends!

To Love Endlessly said...

ooo, super cute! Very good taste Sarah. :-)

Bonnie said...

Oh there he is! Still not on speaking terms, huh!?! That's okay girlfriend we ALL have been there. Crushes are tough, but so are YOU young lady! Hope you had a great memorial day. See you next week. :)