My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Direct from Minneapolis

This weekend was the...

in Minneapolis, Minnesota. This is where quilt shop owners buy fabric for their stores. I did not go because we have decided it is just too difficult for me to fly with my breathing issues. Not to worry. Direct from Minneapolis is...

working straight out of his suitcase...fresh off the airplane...ModaMark.

No that's not his real name. That's his nickname because he is our sales rep from Moda. And he was nice enough to bring the show to us today. We met in the kitchen at my dad's office because we can't get into our store for a few more weeks.
.
First off, Mark gave me a little gift. I was very excited because it is...

FANDANGO!!!! The newest collection designed by my friend Kate Spain. How awesome is that!!! Hmm...notice the new size? It is called a candy bar. A new twist to the Moda Bake Shop.

Then Mark showed us all of Fandango. We ordered the entire collection. All 40 fabrics and nine matching flannels.

Then Mark brought out a bunch of new fabric. It was a little overwhelming.

Oh I like this one. It is called Dream On by Urban Chicks. I love the PJ's in the picture. I want to make some of those.

Oh here is my favorite I think. It is called It's a Hoot by Momo. My mom really liked it to.

Then came Happy! But guess what? I was not happy. Just kidding:) Check out this post. I love the dog. We ordered this entire collection too. Then it was time for me to go to music therapy, so I had to say goodbye. My dad took me so my mom could stay with Mark and get all the paperwork finished. The fabric we order today will not be arriving until September and October, so I have to wait a while.

It was nice to meet you Mark. Thanks for coming and for my candy bars:) Oh I forgot to mention the other one in the box was Breakfast at Tiffany's. But you can't really eat that one either. Ok gotta go.

8 comments:

Kristin said...

How cool is that - ModaMark coming to your house!
Makes me wanna buy a sewing machine :)

Heather said...

First I love the precious picture of Presley that you made button size.Did you just shrink it down?Since Kele is my button girl,can't really ask her to make her daughter one of her own can I?This is a good option.think I'll try and steal it.Try being the operative word as i am not savvy with the computer.

love all the fabric Sarah.How fun.And I love my P.J's ... excited to see what you all will be doing in that department.

Looking to Sarah for our inspiration for Presley's healing.Thanking you for sharing her journey,as always.

Adelaide Dupont said...

Awesome!

Fantastic!

Magnificent!

Think up some great projects for summer.

ModaMark is a great salesman, and he couldn't have had some happier customers.

Those were some wonderful patterns.

Loren Stow said...

That is so cool - those fabrics all look so pretty! I would LOVE to look at them all day long!
You are very lucky to be surrounded by such pretty things!

Karen said...

I LOVE that Mark came to your place since you couldn't go to MN. He rocks! And you two are the most inspiring people I know. Do you know how much I love you for combining my two loves of fabric and special people into one awesome business? I may just have to drive the whole way out there to fabric shop this fall.

Rochelle said...

How awesome you get your own show! You rock Sarah! Love the new fabrics!

To Love Endlessly said...

How exciting for you and your mom. I LOVE that link to the dog and her crazy wig. haha!

Cammie Heflin said...

Love all of your work! So fun!