My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Beauty, Bloodwork & Batiks

It was a beautiful day. The flowers are in full bloom in front of our house.

I had to go out and smell them when I came home from work.

My mom asked me to stand up so she could take a picture. Look at how I am holding my arm. I had no idea at the time that my day was about to turn bad for that arm.

My mom told me we had somewhere to go. As soon as she got off the freeway, I knew we were heading to the Cleveland Clinic. I had to have more blood work taken. There is something wrong with my white blood cells. This time I was very brave and I did not cry or even scream. But it hurt, so now I am really holding my arm. As we were leaving, my mom said she had a surprise for me that would make me feel better.

Two more boxes of fabric arrived for our quilt store. Yippee!!! They are all from the Majestic Batik collection by Moda. There are many different colors.

Look at how this purple one matches my hoodie. Perfect. I'm feeling better all ready.

13 comments:

Karen said...

Congrats on doing the bloodwork so well! I wasn't so brave with mine today. Maybe you should have been there to hold my hand. haha

my family said...

so brave...beautiful flowers and fabric

Leah said...

What a great job you did handling the bloodwork situation! I'll be praying that it all comes back just fine so you don't have to have that done again for awhile. I love the new fabrics! If we go through Ohio again, we will have to make time to stop at the shop!

Kristen's mom said...

Don't scare me by saying that you have something going wrong with your white blood cells. I hope your results are all normal. I love the flowers in your yard. And the fabric it so fun.

Scarehaircare said...

Way to be a brave girl for your bloodwork, Sarah. I love the new batik material that came. I wish I knew how to sew and quilt.

jjpsmommy07 said...

Beautiful flowers by your house.

Shawnie said...

Glad you had the fabric to brighten your day after such a not-so-fun afternoon. I hate blood work but I guess they have to do it. Beautiful flowers and you look great! Keep us informed on the blood work OK?

Rochelle said...

Hope your bloodwork comes back perfect. Way to go on doing the bloodwork so well!

Cindy said...

Sarah, I'm glad you didn't cry when they did the blood work. Beth doesn't like giving blood either.
I really like your new fabric. The colors are beautiful, just like you!

To Love Endlessly said...

very brave Sarah! I love the picture of you next to the flowers. We need to see more pictures of all that fabric though! Sure does look like a lot! :-)

JennyH said...

You're brave. I hate having blood work done. You are so pretty. Love the flowers and the fabric.

Mama Mason-Mann said...

Beautiful flowers and beautiful fabric. And GREAT job on getting your blood work done! :)

sturpin said...

love the flowers and the fabric. I really hope that your blood is behaving again very soon!!!