My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, May 31, 2010

All's Quiet this Weekend

We have all been so busy with work and sports and the new store, we decided to have a really quiet weekend.

I helped my mom make stuffed shells on Saturday. They were really good.

Then we had movie night. We watched Dear John. It was good. We love Channing Tatum ever since he was in Step Up. My mom thought it was a good movie to watch for Memorial Day weekend because it does remind us of the sacrifices families must make when their loved one is in the military.

Then today we decided to take all the bags we have saved for recycling up to the bin. We have a lot of them.

While we were driving I was making jokes and my dad was cracking up.

Now check this thing out that is plugged into the cigarette lighter. I hate smoking. Do you know what it is?

Look. It hooks up to my iPod and then we can all listen to my music on the car speakers.

Let's see. What song do I want them to hear?

First we went to Microcenter and bought new printers for the office. One of the old one's died when the power went out during a storm. Then my mom had to run into the store real quick so my dad and I sat in the car. I started singing really loud. My dad says that is his best memory of the whole weekend.
.
When we got home, I could not wait to have a little brownie we made. I put the red and blue sprinkles on. It was fun. I think we are all ready to go back to work tomorrow.

7 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like you had a perfectly relaxing weekend. And the shells look soooo yummy!

Rochelle said...

What a fun weekend, glad you all enjoyed it.

Kristen said...

Those stuffed shells look so yummy to me and it's still breakfast time!! Crazy!

Lacey said...

I love that I can listen to my Ipod in my car! What a nice weekend!

Suzie said...

Looks like a fun weekend. I love looking at the food!

To Love Endlessly said...

those stuffed shells look delicious! we haven't had those in a while. i think it's about time. Glad you had a nice and busy weekend with your family.

Cathleen said...

Hi Sarah, I love the holder for the brownies that you made! I want to get something like that for my little girl's 4th birthday party so she can put her cupcakes on it. :)