My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

2010 Webby Awards

I have been following this show for awhile. Have you watched The Specials? It is a really cool reality show that follows the real life of five young adults with Down syndrome who are housemates in Brighton.

I told my mom and dad last night that I want to move into my own apartment. They thought that was a good idea in a few years. First I need to finish up my job training program and graduate next year.

You can read all about Lewis, Hilly, Sam, Lucy and Megan on their website. I really like Megan's haircut. I think I'm going to get mine cut like that.

The best news is the show just won two Webby Awards.

We won a Webby! from KADA Films on Vimeo.

5 comments:

Nan P. said...

Hi Sarah,

I agree with you, "The Specials" is so good, I have been following them as well, and I voted for them for both Webbies. It's so cool they won!

Cathal's Mammy said...

I love this show too Sarah, I've been watching all year and I can't wait for the second season. I voted for them for the Webbies and I am so happy they won :-)

Adelaide Dupont said...

Fantastic!

Have not actually watched the Specials, but have had some strong recommendations.

Hope you do move in your own apartment in a few years.

Suzie said...

I haven't even heard of "The Specials" thanks for sharing!

I do hope you get an apartment soon, then I can follow you and one day maybe Lily will be able to live on her own too :-)

Erika said...

Thank you for posting this -- I voted but forgot to check if they won! How wonderful!!! I think they're super (and Megan's hair IS totally cute!)