My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, April 23, 2010

When Life Seems Terribly Unfair

from Joyce...

I'm sitting at my desk numb from shock, yet tears roll down my cheeks. I am searching deep for an explanation, when truly there is none. There is no earthly way for us to understand the reasons behind a dear, sweet child taken so soon. We can only look to our own higher power and pray for caring hands and tender hearts of friends near and far to bring comfort to those left behind. For those dear members of the George family who must now go on without their precious Carly...


Carly George
Angel Wings Awarded ~ April 23, 2010

Please pray for Joany and Paul and Carly's siblings Ashleigh and Brad. Pray for their strength and guidance in the days ahead. It has been such a pleasure to be included in their family by way of Joany's blog. The world has just lost a truly precious gift.

15 comments:

Heather said...

I keep going from blog to blog.Soaking in each and every image of Carly.Trying so hard to wish it away,for Joany,for everyone who loves Carly.wish as I might,we still remain in the same place and therefore I do the only thing I can.Pray.Like crazy.

Today I have found myself sending love to all our blog friends ... may you and Sarah know how important you both have been on our journey and I thank you for giving so much to all of us that walk this walk beside you and a bit behind you.couldn't let this day pass without telling you that Joyce.

Kristin said...

I was so sad to hear about this. My heart is aching, but not like Carly's family's is right now. Prayers for all our little angels.

Kristen said...

I see Carly's picture all down your blog roll. She was obviously a very loved little girl that is being missed greatly. I send all my love and prayers to those that ache over this loss.

The VW's said...

What a sweet, precious girl! Gone WAY TOO SOON! My heart is so sad for Carly's family! I just pray that they are given peace and strength today and always!

amy flege said...

i have cried off and on all day for them... i cant even imagine! Although, i never met them in person, they were still a part of my second family..... carly was so loved and will be dearly missed. it does seem soo unfair :(

Linda said...

It is so hard to understand. I have never met them, either, but my heart is so heavy for them.

Sending up prayers to heaven tonight.

Lacey said...

Your so right Joyce! I don't know how many times I've ridden in an ambulance with Jax. This last time just a couple of months ago with light and sirens blaring! I wish I knew what happened, its making me crazy. And we definitely are so lucky to have this huge community to rally with her family.

Alex's Mom said...

I pray and wonder..this is not right

Carol N. said...

Heavy, heavy hearted.

Tiffany said...

Definitely a sweet angel who will be dearly missed. Praying.

Lianna said...

I have been reading so much about Carly, and how celebrated she was, and how LOVED she is, and always will be. My heart truly breaks for her family. There are no words to give comfort especially when a child passes. Truly, it is a sad day.

Bonnie said...

So sorry to hear this news Sarah and Joyce. Thank you for sharing her journey with all of us. many prayers and hugs for her family and all those touched by her strength and courage.

JennyH said...

I'm so sad to read this. I wasn't sure it was her (or another Carly) when I was reading on FB this morning. I am so sad to know it was this Carly. My heart breaks for them.

To Love Endlessly said...

so very unfair and all too sudden. I never met them in person, but I can't help but feel the heartache for their loss. I never realized how close I've come to everyone whose blogs I follow over the past year.

starrlife said...

Terrible... shocking. How unbearably sad.