My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thursday Tales

When I woke up on Monday, my mom was in Columbus trying to get the alarm fixed. When I came home from work that day this is where I found her...

and this is where I found her when I came home from work on Tuesday...

and this is where I found her when I came home from work on Wednesday. The strange thing is she is still in her pajamas that belong in Columbus which means she drove home in them. I tried to take care of her but she doesn't want to eat and she doesn't want to get up. I think she is really sick. I don't remember her ever being in bed this long.

Finally, last night she got up for a little bit and told my dad that nobody was allowed to eat after 10:00. I think she has gone wacky.
.
Are you kidding me? Bright and early this morning she comes into my room and says, "Time to get up" For real??? "No way mom," and I pulled the covers back over my head. "Come on Sarah, we have somewhere to go and then we are going out for breakfast and then maybe we will go to Target." Ahhh food...well maybe. Target...for sure.
.
Now you are really kidding me? "Mom...why are we at the Cleveland Clinic? For you...right??!!??"
HELP!!!!!!!!! Now I know why I wasn't allowed to eat last night. I hate that chair. That's it. I am going to put my ugly face on. OMG!!! My mom just threw her body on top of mine. She is shoving her legs on top of my knees, her shoulder into my neckbone, and pressing my head like it is a bowling ball. And now she is covering my mouth with her hand. I guess that will prohibit me from kicking, folding in half and pretending I'm passing out, headbutting or spitting. Those are all my best moves, so what's left? It's hopeless. Ok...go ahead and stick me.
.
After about ten minutes of giving her the silent treatment in the car I said, "Mom?" "Yes, Sarah?" "I have a problem"...
You know all those Target cards I have...

they all say 'empty'. "Don't worry Sarah, if you find something you like, I will give you some money." Oh yes, I love hospital days...she always spoils me afterwards.

Hmmm....I recognize these...

"Hey mom, come look at this...these were on Kate's blog yesterday".

"Sarah, you have great eyes. Those are perfect and my favorite color too." After we paid, I asked to go to...

for lunch. I am so hungry because I haven't eaten since last night. I had chicken nuggets, french fries and milk. While we were sitting in the parking lot eating I saw a bus go by from another school district. I told me mom to follow that bus because I know who is on it. Sure enough, as soon as we stopped at a red light my friend looked out the back window and saw me. He started dancing for me. My mom said he was cute. "Mom," I said loudly, "He is just a friend." "Well he is still cute," she said. Oh brother, moms can be so embarrassing.
.
I forgot to show you what I wormed out of my mom while we were at Target...

I'll be singing tonight for sure.

8 comments:

Lori said...

Pretty Sneaky, Mom! But you gotta' do, what you gotta' do =)
Hope you enjoy your treat!

Adelaide Dupont said...

Have a great time rocking and rolling!

Those Kate plates were great too.

Even Target things have a use-by date.

Lacey said...

I love the Now CD's. What a sneaky mom not telling you whats going on!

Tiffany said...

You both deserved a fun day after being sick and getting sticked! ;)

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

glad your mom is feeling better and that you got to go shopping at target after your blood draw :)

BigBearswife said...

awesome CD! Glad you got to go shopping! I love Target! and I had Wendys for lunch today! hee hee

JennyH said...

Sarah you are so funny. Good way to get some stuff from mom, huh?!

Enjoy your music!

starrlife said...

Oh Sarah- my little girl also is scared when we go to the Doctor's offices or hospitals and freaks out when it is even on tv! We help her with deep breathing and counting to ten in French and stuff like that and I hate it when I have to hold her down- yuck. I hope that someday it is easier for you and your Mom. Glad you get some great loot after though!
Hope that your Mom feels great now!