My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Super Special Saturday

When I woke up today, I knew we were heading to Hudson for Dirk's book signing once my mom and little brother were done with band contest at his school. I did not know I was going to have a surprise. Look who met us at the Library...

my bestest girl friend Lisa!!! So we all went in and got to see Dirk...

I can't show you the books he signed though because it is a surprise for some people we know. I forgot to mention the other day that Dirk is hurt. That is why he is home right now. So we are praying that his shoulder heals good and he will be back to pitching very soon. OK, now for the best part...

I got to introduce Lisa to Bonnie. My mom told everyone that these two ladies have been so super special to me. I'm so glad they got to meet. Look at our outfits. It looks like we planned this picture doesn't it? Nope, it just happened that way. We all pulled sweaters out today because the temperature has plummeted into the 40's again and it was snowing. Bonnie and Lisa live really close to each other so we are going to try to get together for dinner one night.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks Sarah! It was so great to see you guys today! I was so glad I finally got to meet Bonnie because I know how much you enjoy her and how hard you both have worked over the past few years. You have made such great improvements in your speech! Looking forward to our dinner :)

To Love Endlessly said...

It sounds like a WONDERFUL Saturday. I can't believe there was snow there though! We were in the mid 80s down in NC. :-) No sweaters here, but I sure love that you 3 were so coordinated. ;-)

Adelaide Dupont said...

Great to have the three good friends together.

Yes, I did know that Dirk is on the disabled list (this is when a baseballer is out or hurt for more than 60 days).

Kele@ said...

What a great suprise Sarah! Hope you have fun with your friends tonight~

Bonnie said...

So awesome to see you today Sarah! Thank you for introducing me to Lisa. I can see why you guys are such great friends! :) Hope we can grab dinner in coordinated 'short sleeved' outfits soon! PS. Dirk says a big thank you for coming too!

Tiffany said...

Yeah! What a fun day!