My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Stranded in Bulgaria

PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEASE...We have two blogging friends who are stranded in Bulgaria. I know this sounds like one of those scam emails. It is not, I PROMISE. This is all started when Shelley and Leah went to Bulgaria to bring home Kullen who is a young boy with Down syndrome living in a mental institution. That part went as planned. It was a beautiful departure. Then the Volcano hit and all flights are grounded. They are running out of money due to having to stay in the hotel for much longer than originally thought and now the plane flights, once they can even get one, are grossly expensive. It seems the US Embassy is being of little help. In order for them to book their flights they each have a donation button. Here are their blog links:


Gathering them from the East

Garden of Eagan

2 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Merci.

(I wish I knew how to say thank you in Bulgarian, even though it is in my Slavonic languages + plus Romanian phrasebook).

Imagined something like the volcano would hit.

Now the other one might come down.

Remember following the intrepid travellers from a young woman whose younger brother is taking supplements. She is the author of WHAT YOU CAN DO.

Tiffany said...

Oh no!!! Thinking of them.