My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring Break Bloopers

We almost never show you pictures of the crazy, zainy, goofy stuff we do. So we thought it might be fun to show you the blooper side of spring break.

On Tuesday my mom was spring cleaning most of the day, so she did not want to go anywhere that she had to get out of the car for dinner. She said she had a new place to take me...

...Sonic drive-in. Well she ordered a coney dog but when it came there was no coney sauce so she was yelling for the guy, "come back, come back, come back...please come back. He did not come back. So what did she do? She got out of the car and went to the window...in her pajamas!!!

I just sat there shaking my head. Mom, mom, mom.

The next morning as we are leaving, she puts the garbage on the hood of the car and drives it to the dumpster...

...that really made me laugh...

oh this one is good... my mom wants to take a picture of me walking out of the quilt store in Chillicothe. So she starts backing up and falls over the curb. Good thing no cars where coming. She somehow took a picture of her foot while she was getting up.

Oh then we are driving down this road I have never been on before and I spot something I like, so I tell my mom to take a picture...

...so she sticks her arm and the camera out the sun roof and takes this. Cool arches huh?

This one hit my funny bone...an Authentic Chinese Japanese restaurant with an Ohio State flag in the window.

Then we stopped at the Franklin Park Conservatory. I liked this playhouse and as I tried to look into it...

I was overcome with a choke hold of pollen...I could barely breathe...

so I started running and that's when we saw it...a SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No pictures because my mom was running faster than I was:) When we got to the car we realized it was just a little garden snake but at the time it seemed like a 12 foot python:)

13 comments:

Scarehaircare said...

LOL! Your mom at the Sonic window in her PAJAMAS?! LOLOLOLOL!

I hope she didn't hurt herself falling over the curb.

Rochelle said...

Thank you for the super funny post! I am laughing out loud at your girls and all your fun!

The VW's said...

We can always count on you and your mom for a laugh! You girls sure do have fun! Hugs!!!

kate spain said...

Oh my goodness, I'm still laughing at all these silly things you two gals have been up to! Nothing like hitting the open road for some good laughs and adventure. It's been so fun riding along with you. Keep posting! :) hugs, kate

Kristin said...

I hope I have as many fun adventures with my daughter when she is older like you!

Lacey said...

Sarah you and your mom have way to much fun together! We better keep an eye on you guys!

Adelaide Dupont said...

Wow.

Love those Golden Arches.

And the authentic Chinese-Japanese restaurant.

And the Franklin House (shame about the pollen!).

Karen said...

What a fun post! I love bloopers. And I love your mom. I've done quite a few of the things she's been shown doing here.

Kim Rees said...

You two are a hoot! Glad you are thoroughly enjoying your Spring Break!

Tiffany said...

You two crack me up!! Looks like fun.

ABandCsMom said...

LOL!! That's one of the funniest posts I've read in a long, long time! And I would have been running too. I bet I would have beat both you and your mom back to the car. Snakes really freak me out!

Lisa said...

Oh you made me laugh! Sounds like you two have a lot of fun!

JennyH said...

Those are good! Looks like you guys always have fun!