My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Seize that Line

Happy Joyce here...Remember my rant last week...we switched to AT & T u-verse on Tuesday and all of a sudden the ADT security system wasn't working properly. Initially I got a bunch of mumbo jumbo from AT & T, but then after sharing the story about Sarah's airway frequently collapsing and the need for an ambulance pronto, ADT agreed to send a technician out this morning and the installer agreed to return, although he insisted there was nothing else he could do.

Then yesterday afternoon I get a call from TJ. He just tried turning the television on and it is not working. U-verse is frozen on the screen - you have got to be kidding me. After several attempts to reboot the machine it is determined that a new box needs to be delivered. I asked TJ to see if they could do it today.

Bright and early this morning...original AT & T guy shows up. But ADT called and said they were delayed one half hour. "Oh I'm sorry, I can't wait around for that. I have to go to my next call." And with that he bolts out the door. Hmmm...

Twenty minutes later second AT & T guy arrives with the new box. I mention the problem with the security system, "Oh let me look at it, I bet I know what's wrong." Down on the floor he goes in the back of the closet. Tight fit. He doesn't seem to care. "Here is the problem. This jack is not wired properly to be able to seize the line." There is a knock on the door. It is the technician from ADT with a smile on his face. I take that as a good sign.

They immediately start conversing, agree what the problem is, fix the issue. We test the alarm. It works PERFECTLY!!!

I wonder? Do you think that broken box was BY CHANCE or BY DESIGN? I am pretty sure the original installer would not have fixed the issue, mostly because he didn't want to take the time or put in the effort. Attitude is Everything!!

Here's a big shout out to Jarred from AT & T and Ron from ADT. Thank you for giving this mom peace of mind that with the push of one button an ambulance will be on it's way. My Sarah girly thanks you too.

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

Yeah, so glad they got it all fixed.

To Love Endlessly said...

yay for good attitudes! Glad you're up and running now. :-)

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

yeah! glad the second at&t guy was willing to actually do the job right :)

Melissa said...

So glad they were able to fix it for you! Sounds so much like what my hubby deals with at Ver!z0n. The other techs just don't want to work and he ends up cleaning up after them, but he's good at what he does and enjoys it most days :)

Scarehaircare said...

Report the names of both in a nice letter to their superiors. Mr. Do-Right will hopefully get a commendation or, better yet, a raise. Mr. Do-Nothing will get at least a comment per his next employee review. They probably have a Rack-n-Stack system where they rank the better ones at the top when next they consider raises or downsizing.