My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Making Moda Fabric Eggs

I think I have everything I need for my Easter project.

My mom spotted this recipe on the Moda Bake Shop one day. It was posted by Angela Yosten and she had pictures of her kids working on it. My mom thought it might be fun for us to do too.

We had the perfect honey bun already in our fabric stash. It is Swanky by Chez Moi.

The colors are just right for Easter eggs. First I had to spread them apart.

Then I cut them into little sqaures. Cutting is still not easy for me.

Then I opened a new container of Mod Podge. We haven't used this stuff since Girl Scout days:)

I had to alternate the fabric squares and the Mod Podge. It is messy. That's why we covered the table with brown paper.

Here's a little hint...we found if you cut the fabric in diagional cuts it is a little easier to wrap around the egg.

We also discovered it was a little quicker to use four hands.

First I would put the sticky stuff on and then...

my mom would hold the egg while I put the fabric on. Except one time she let go and it went flying into my lap. We laughed at that.

After a few hours, this is what they look like. Some of them are still a little wet. My dad said when they are all dry he will hide them so I can go find them. Happy Easter!!
.
P.S. If you want to see this project in action, below is a video...

13 comments:

To Love Endlessly said...

wow, these look beautiful!

Cammie Heflin said...

Awesome! You could sell those!

Beverly said...

these are beautiful.great job

Kim Rees said...

I absolutely love those eggs! Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

sheree said...

how cute!! I might have to try that next year ;)

Mod Podge Amy said...

So fun! These are cute -

Karen said...

They're BEAUTIFUL! I'll have to see if I can make some, too. Thanks for the instructions! So did you find them all after your dad hid them?

Talley Images said...

Those are so gorgeous, Sarah! Great job!

The VW's said...

Sarah, you and your Mom are so crafty! I'm jealous of your skills! Keep up the great work! Hugs!!

Mary said...

They're gorgeous!

Heidi said...

What a fun project and your eggs look beautiful!

Adelaide Dupont said...

Diagonal cuts are good.

And you got to use Modge Podge!

Great seeing the project in action.

Hope your Dad has some great hiding places.

BigBearswife said...

love the eggs!!!