My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Craving Buckeye Filling

Do you ever get a food craving? You want something so much you just go into the kitchen and start to make it?

That was me late last night. I was craving the filling that goes inside Buckeyes. You know, the candy Buckeyes. So I got out the peanut butter and put it into a bowl. And then I was just about to put flour in when my mom walked in. "Sarah, what are you doing?" Uh oh, busted. "Oh nothing," I said. "Oh Ok, whatever," and she walks out of the room. Then she comes back with the camera, "uh sarah, if you happen to be making Buckeye filling, you need the powdered sugar, not the flour." "OK, mom."

Good thing she came in when she did. But darn this container is harder to get open.

Ok I have to concentrate now. I wonder how much I should pour in? I guess I'll just see how much comes out.

Oh yea...that's good. "Dad...what are you doing here?" "Oh a little birdie just told me you are making Buckeyes."

Oh man!!! Do you think I have to share now??????

12 comments:

To Love Endlessly said...

hahaha! I think you need to share some of the goodness with me. Is it that simple? Peanut Butter & powered sugar? maybe I should make a trip into my kitchen too. hehe

Rochelle said...

Thankfully your mom stepped in just at the perfect time. Peanut butter and flour not so good but powdered sugar yum!

Hope you shared a little with your dad :)

Kristen said...

This cracked me up! We love those buckeyes too...I mean the candy ones this time. ;)

Scarehaircare said...

Ummmm, I have no idea what on earth is a Buckeye? Is that a local treat? Why don't you make them and blog about it?

Kristin said...

Hmmm - I've never had a buckeye either... but anything with powdered sugar in the mix sounds yummy :)

Karen said...

Ha! I love the look on your face in the last picture - I hate sharing my buckeyes, too!

sturpin said...

yum - sounds like our peanut balls. equal parts PB, powdered sugar, karo syrup, and powdered milk. Roll into balls and refrigerate. super yummy. good with chocolate too

I need to try your recipe :)

Carrie said...

Yum-O! You are welcome to come make them in my kitchen anytime...but you will have to share. :)

Becca said...

I don't know what buckeyes are, but they sure sound good if they involve peanut butter and powdered sugar!!

Lacia said...

I don't know what a buckeye is either, but they do sound kinda good. Do you spread that on something or just eat it as is?

JennyH said...

Sarah you're so funny!

I don't know what buckeyes are either but if it's PB and sugar, it's got to be good!

Melissa said...

I have had buckeyes or maybe a southern version of them and they were SO good! Sarah, I think you have to share the recipe with all of us now... ;o)