My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Psst....Late Breaking News...

This is Joyce with a little secret...Sarah is out with a friend. ALONE. They are being dropped off at Applebee's for lunch and then going to see the new movie Alice in Wonderland with Johnny Depp who they think is "hot". Just two twenty year old gals hanging out together on a sunny Saturday afternoon. They look darling in their skinny blue jeans. One has hers tucked into Uggs, the other in high suede fashion boots. Both have their purses slung over their shoulders. Inside they have gift cards in their wallet that they will use to purchase their lunch and money to pay for the movie. Only those looking on might realize that one has Down syndrome and the other has autism. The girl's themselves could care less. They are both so ready for this next step in their life.

I am at home trying to keep myself very busy so I don't have time to worry about them. I'll admit, it is taking every ounce of will power I have to not get in my car to go find them with my camera:) We'll just have to imagine how much fun they are having.

25 comments:

JRS said...

This makes me giddy with joy!
---Jen

Kristin said...

How fun!

my family said...

Id love to see a picture too. How exciting I hope she loves the movie and has the best time with her friend

Ruby's Mom said...

How nice! I hope they have a super time!!

Adrienne said...

So cool! Let us know how it went!!

Scarehaircare said...

oh. My. Heavens. I dream (and dread) for that day to come for The Love Magnet.

Sarah, let us know what you think about the movie.

Mama Mason-Mann said...

I'm filled with nervous excitement imagining them out! Sounds like fun!!! :)

ABandCsMom said...

This makes me so happy! I sure hope they had a good time.
I'm very anxious to hear how their afternoon went. So exciting!!!

Ann said...

So awesome! I'd want to go take a picture too!

The VW's said...

AWESOME!!! Hope you had fun Sarah!

Rochelle said...

That is terrific! Oh what a fun day. Hope it was a great day out with your friend Sarah!

Kim said...

That is wonderful! I hope they had a great time!

Cammie Heflin said...

I have goose bumps! How awesome!!!!!!!!!

Cheri said...

Awwww, fun! I can just picture the two of them, what a fun day for them!!...and a proud mom moment too! :)

Lisa said...

Oh, how exciting! I bet they had a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Cindy said...

I'm SO excited for them!!! Can't wait to hear how it went!!

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!!!

Jan

starrlife said...

I wish I was a fly on the wall!

jjpsmommy07 said...

I just love hearing about Sarah and what an awesome look into the future! I hope the girls have a great time.

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

So.... How did it go???? I bet they had a BLAST!!!!

To Love Endlessly said...

How'd it go?!? This just brought tears to my eyes. How cool for both of them!!!

Tammy said...

This post just made my day! And if you only knew the week I have had you'd know what a great blessing reading this was!

Tammy and Parker
www.prayingforparker.com
@PakerMama on Twitter

amy said...

joyce, you just made my day/week/year. THANK YOU!

Beverly said...

hope they had a wonderful time.

Tiffany said...

You are so brave!!!! I am glad I know already that it was fun and she did fine b/c I'm reading these backwards. :)