My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Oh my Darling, Oh my Darling...

Oh my darling...

I promised to tell you about our new venture today. So let's go back to the beginning. This is where our quilt story starts. On January 7, 2010, I noticed this...

...Moda jelly roll and two turnover packs of Clementine designed by Me and My Sister Designs on my mom's sewing counter.

I really liked the colors and the triangles. I started to move them around.

And soon I discovered several matches.

Then I started putting them together to create new shapes.

At first, it was just something to do.

Then it started to get really fun.

Before I knew it, I was really thinking about what I could put together. That's when my mom said, "Sarah, you are like a quilt designer."

I really liked that. I wanted to keep working on it, but it was getting really late and I had to go to my job training program in the morning, so I had to go to bed...

9 comments:

To Love Endlessly said...

First off, I am still in complete AWE over the sewing room. I need a knitting room like that!!! Second, I think you make a wonderful quilt designer. We've already seen your sewing skills with pillow cases. It sure looks like designing is in your future Sarah!

Kristen said...

Oh Sarah, that looks like so much fun!! I want to be a quilt designer too.

Heather said...

Oh,cannot wait to see where this new venture is going because no matter what,with you and your mom behind it,it is sure to be fabulous AND ..... I love the picture of you with your finger on your chin thinking .... Zoey is really into doing that "thinking sign" lately when we are deciding whether to read a book or sing a song or go outside.I'll take a picture of her doing it and post it.

Adelaide Dupont said...

Those were some great matches!

Especially the orange and pink and purple ones.

(Soft colours).

Heather: would love to see the Thinking Sign.

Carol N. said...

So cool, Sarah! Have fun designing!

Karen said...

That workshop looks like so much fun. I can't wait to see what you create!

Sheva said...

i have become recent reader of your blog and i am so impressed with your new love of sewing. i also love sewing and crafts. maybe one time we can do a craft/sewing swap?

Lacey said...

How fun for you. I can't wait to see the quilt. I don't have the patience for those!

Tsquared417 said...

Can't wait to see more. Beautiful!