My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

In Memory of the Fire Fighters

After we left the Rock Hall, my mom drove around the corner and said she wanted to take another picture. She said this was a serious place we were going to.

It is a memorial to the Cleveland fire fighters who have lost their life in the line of duty. We love firemen. They have helped to save my life a few times. I was glad my mom brought me and the T21 traveling afghan here.

The flames are really, really big. It is a reminder how dangerous it can be to be a firefighter. I want to thank all the men and women who decide to be one.

Then my mom said to turn around so she could take a picture of Cleveland behind me. And that's when I saw the sign...

...and I was very angry when I saw it. I started screaming and stomping my feet. My mom did not want to take a picture of the Browns stadium. She says they are so bad they do not deserve any recognition. But because I was so angry, she took a picture. Do you know what has made me so mad? Do you see that sign right above my head? It says the Cleveland Clinic. But this is not the Cleveland Clinic. This is where they play football. I want that sign to be taken down. Now!!!!

4 comments:

Junior said...

Such a neat monument. My brother is a firefighter and would really like that.

Julie Shaw said...

The sign is just an advertisement!

starrlife said...

Love the new look! Sarah you're a sharp cookie with a mind of your own!

Adelaide Dupont said...

I happen to have a sentimental attachment to the Browns, because of Susan Faludi's book. It's all about the fans.

Football is the winner.

But even football must submit to the grandeur of nature and its destructive powers.

(Sponsorship ...)