My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I'm a Quilt Designer

The next night, I got to work again.

I started to put all the triangles together.

Then I would study what I had done.

When I didn't like where something was, I would move the shapes around.

I was starting to like the final layout.

Then I asked my mom what she thought. She said, "Sarah, it is up to you because you are the quilt designer."

14 comments:

Rochelle said...

Wow Sarah you are really great at quilt designing. Awesome!

Beverly said...

so beautiful. what a great job!

Shelley said...

Sarah - there are some beautiful fabrics in that quilt - you are an inspiration - I hope Hannah loves quilting (I do!) one day.

Adelaide Dupont said...

And there are some great quilting decisions here.

The triangles around the edges are great, for instance.

Enjoyed seeing it form step-by-step, as a sequel to the last post.

Shelley: Hannah will probably love quilting, too. (I hope she is getting some good 'matching' exercises).

Karen said...

The colors are beautiful - so very springlike.

ABandCsMom said...

AWESOME!! Can't wait to see more of your quilt project.

Tiffany said...

It is beautiful! Will you be selling any??? ;)

COOLWHIP said...

That is absolutely beautiful.

Scarehaircare said...

This is so exciting to see you using your creative talents!

Mary said...

I can't wait to see it finished!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Jan

Sharon said...

I love the beautiful mix of colors!

Anonymous said...

Sarah!
Your blog is wonderful and I am so touched that you have enjoyed using our fabrics.

Make sure to keep us up to date on the progress of that quilt shop!

Happy Quilting!!
Barb

Jana said...

I came across your blog through Kristen Kirton's (she's my cousin) I love seeing what you do with your new found hobby of sewing. I too am just getting to liking sewing, and have made a quilt in the past and I must say, I LOVE THIS QUILT!! The colors are amazing and I love the pattern!! Keep going!! You are one amazing person!