My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, March 8, 2010

I Have been Waiting...

There was a package waiting for me when I got home today.

Oh yea I love packages.

Hmm...I wonder what it is?

It is packed really well.

YEA!!!! It is the T21 Traveling Afghan. I have been waiting for this for a whole year!!!!

This is really special. It has been traveling the world. It was started by CJ. You can read about it HERE.

And there is a journal that goes with it. It has entries from all the families who have already spent time with it. This is so cool. The first place it will go is to music therapy tonight. I'm sure Bonnie is going to be excited to see it.

9 comments:

sheree said...

oh YAY!! How cool that you finally got your chance with the afghan. :)
Enjoy it!

Carrie said...

Fun stuff!! We're still waiting for our turn with it!

Rochelle said...

YEAH! Glad you have the blanket to enjoy. We had it for our Step up for Down Syndrome in October.

Beverly said...

such a beautiful blanket.

Adelaide Dupont said...

Wow!

You have this famous Afghan at last.

Treat it well.

Oh very shaggly!

Mama Mason-Mann said...

Oh how cool! We've been waiting too! Enjoy it. It looks very cozy! :)

stephanie said...

AWWW, LUCKY YOU!!!!! We've been waiting ,and waiting too!
Have fun.

Runningmama said...

Glad you have the blanket, we are anxiously awaiting our turn too!

Jeanette said...

Congratulations on getting the afghan! We can't wait for it to make it to us. Enjoy it!