My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Grocery Shopping on my Own

I had a few things I wanted on the grocery list. So my mom said she would take me. Cool.

First I got a cart, just my size. Then my mom said to go get what I wanted. She would meet me later.

So I went around the store and found what I needed.

Then I had to go pay. That was fun. My mom said next time she was going to drop me off at the door and let me be in the store all by myself. I think I will like that.

24 comments:

Mommyto2 said...

WooHoo!! Sarah, I am so proud of you! You made my day shopping on your own. My Sarah is only 3, but I think she is going to be a lot like you and that makes me proud. You are a great role model for her!

Emily said...

That is awesome! Way to go Sarah!

Runningmama said...

You are awesome Sarah!

Cammie Heflin said...

You are awesome! What an big job!

Adelaide Dupont said...

I think I would like that too!

Lacey said...

Very cool Sarah! And I must say I love those little shopping carts, too cute!

Scarehaircare said...

What did you choose? Do you have cooking pkans in the kitchen?

Kristin said...

Next time I want to send you with MY list. I'd love you to go to the store for me so I don't have to :)

The VW's said...

Great job Sarah! You are awesome! Enjoy your purchases! HUGS!!!

Ruby's Mom said...

You did great Sarah!!

Karen said...

So, if I give if I give you my shopping list, will you pick up my things, too?

Talley Images said...

Go Sarah Go!

Next post should be about what you made with all that food... :)

stephanie said...

Awesome! your mom is so great!

Carol N. said...

What fun, Sarah! My boys would love to be given responsibility like that (except they would fill the cart with chips :o))

blogzilly said...

Awesome!

Rochelle said...

Grat job Sarah! That is great!!!!

Mary said...

Way cool Sarah!

Kim said...

This is great! I'm so excited for you.

Tsquared417 said...

Go Sarah!!!! I hope Olivia can do that someday!

To Love Endlessly said...

awesome job Sarah! and I LOVE Giant Eagle too :-)

Bonnie said...

So cool Sarah! I hope you bought some hot pockets and apple juice. :)

ABandCsMom said...

Way to go Sarah!

sturpin said...

Totally cool Sarah!

Lianna said...

I actually love grocery shopping...but during the times it isn't busy. Do you have a favorite part of the grocery store to visit?