My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Girls Day Out

Yesterday afternoon my friend Kara and her dad came to pick me up. He dropped us off at Applebee's and Kara and I had lunch together. I ordered chicken fingers, french fries and milk. Kara had a chicken salad and a milkshake. Kara paid with her Applebee's credit card. Then we went to see the movie Alice in Wonderland. It was really good.

Here I am telling my dad all about it when I got home. I was so excited because I had such a good time.

I had to tell him about a few times when the movie was a little scary. But we were ok. I bought popcorn and a bottle of water. We had so much fun we are going to do it again when the new Miley Cyrus movie comes out later this month. This time it will be my turn to pay for lunch with my Abblebee's credit card. I can't wait!!!

When I got home there was mail waiting for me. I love getting mail.

Look, it is a postcard from Kristen. I love this picture. She is wearing a very pretty shirt and she has a bow in her hair. I love it. One thing that I noticed is we have the same eyes.

She is thanking me for making her the pillowcases. Ahhh that is so nice. Please pray for Kristen. She is entering the really hard and painful phase after receiving the bone marrow transplant.

12 comments:

Kristin said...

What a fun girl's day out. So glad you had a great time. I love having lunch with my girlfriends too!

Junior said...

sounds like you had a great time

Adelaide Dupont said...

Sarah:

Great to hear about your day with Kara, and that you're planning another one with the Miley Cyrus film!

The mail from Kristen was excellent.

Rochelle said...

So glad you had a fun girls day out Sarah.
We will definitely be praying for Kristen.

To Love Endlessly said...

Sarah I'm so glad you had a nice time with your friend. You'll have to share some of your favorite parts in the movie Alice in Wonderland.

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

So glad you had a fun day out Sarah!!! I love hanging out with my girlfriends, too! We pray for Kristen every day!

Heidi said...

Sounds like you had such a great time Sarah! How fun!

Karen said...

What a fun day!

ABandCsMom said...

Sounds like you had fun!! I'm so happy that you and your friend had a "girls day out". Very cool!

We took Carly to see Alice in Wonderland yesterday. She loved it too.

Tracy said...

It sounds like a great day! I want to see that movie too. I loved your gift to Kristen. How sweet to send her something you made yourself. I really wish someone had taught me how to sew when I was young.

Jeanette said...

That sounds like a fun day. I saw Alice in Wonderland too. It was a great movie. We will pray for Kristen. You are right, it is a great picture.

Tiffany said...

That sounds fun! I can't wait to see that movie.