My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Day Kate Spain found Me

So my mom and I were working side by side, trying to get this quilt put together. My mom was counting down to her 50th birthday on her creative blog and posted this picture of me. You have to go read what she wrote. Most important though, be sure to read the comments.

My mom was jumping up and down with excitement. She could not believe the designer Kate Spain had found us. Truthfully, at the time I was not sure who Kate Spain was...

6 comments:

To Love Endlessly said...

awesome, awesome, awesome!!

Rochelle said...

That is awesome~

kate spain said...

I'm so glad to have found you, Sarah! You are an inspiration to me. Keep on sewing and stamping to your heart's content! love and hugs, kate

Kristin said...

So cool!!

JennyH said...

Sarah that is awesome!! I see who left you a comment....

You do amazing things. Can't wait to see the quilt!

Kele@ said...

That is so exciting Sarah, for both you and your mom! Tell your mom, as a crafter and sewer myself, I am TOTALLY jealous of her sewing room!!! And you look like you belong in there girl! Can't wait to see one of your creations Quilter Girl!