My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, March 8, 2010

The Afghan Goes to Music Therapy

On Monday night I go to music therapy with Bonnie. It is my favorite thing to do.

As soon as I opened the afghan, I knew I had to take it with me. I wanted to show Bonnie. But I was not too happy about my mom coming in with me. She usually drops me off at the door. I like that. She said she had to come in to take pictures. Then she had an idea. She could leave the camera with Bonnie. GOOD IDEA mom. Now bye, see ya.

We always start by creating the lesson plan for the night. I write out what I want to do.
First we say hello, then we have conversation. I LOVE talking with Bonnie. We talk about all kinds of things. Like what I have been doing, things on my blog, what my brothers are up too and sometimes we talk about Bonnie's honey. He is a pitcher for the Toronto Blue Jays. Cool. Anyway, tonight we will also do keyboard, microphone and drums.

I am picking out the song I will play on the keyboard. Do you recognize the book? You know I love High School Musical.

Ok, here we go...

I can follow the notes in the book.

and play them on the keyboard.

Now it's time to sing. I think I will use the afghan to keep me warm...

Oh wait maybe it is an opera cape...

add some drama...

a little shuffle...

... taadaa. How was that?

haaa! sometimes me and Bonnie get silly. Like now. We are trying to take a picture of us.

Then it was time for drums. Yoooooo....The end. Thanks for taking pictures Bonnie. Hmmmm, I wonder where the afghan will be going tomorrow? Stay tuned...

14 comments:

Kele@ said...

You sure have alot of fun a music therapy Sarah, I love that!

Adelaide Dupont said...

An opera cape is indeed great fun.

I didn't recognise the second book, but I did recognise High School Musical 3. (The music was very complex).

You wrote beautifully.

The Afghan is very colourful.

The drums seemed like fun.

RK said...

Hey! That makes ME want to go to music therapy too! That looks like more fun than I had today, Sarah. :o) The afghan is beautiful on you, too!

Emily said...

You are so very talented! I love reading all of the exciting things that you do!

Rochelle said...

Bonnie & music therapy look like so much fun. You make me laugh Sarah with your dramatics. I am sure the afghan is enjoying it's visit with you. Does it get to go riding with you and Ridge?

Melissa said...

Sarah, I LOVED this post! It made me giggle. Looked like you had so much fun. Thanks for making me smile today :)

Mama Mason-Mann said...

Thanks for sharing your fun post with us! That lucky afghan! Looks like it have fun. ;)

Michelle said...

loved the pics with the afghan!

ABandCsMom said...

Looks like you have a really good time at music therapy. I love your "opera cape"!

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

so fun that you have the T21 afghan!!!! i am happy it was able to go w/ you to music therapy - looks like a great time!!!!!!!!

Tiffany said...

Sarah, I just love you. You make me smile.

Cindy said...

Hi Sarah,
Your music therapy sounds fun! Beth loves music too and goes to a music class each week. She has a microphone and karaoke machine in her bedroom and she also likes High School Musical! We wish you lived closer, I think you and Beth would have fun singing together!

Bonnie said...

Your welcome Sarah! It was so much fun being a part of the traveling afghan with you. :-)

jjpsmommy07 said...

Looks like loads of fun Sarah!