My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

727.1 Enlarged first Metatarsal head...

Before I reported to work, I had a visit to the Cleveland Clinic again. Can you guess what for?

First I had to go get an x-ray taken.

Then I got to stand on this step thing. For a minute I pretended I was on the Titanic. You know, the scene where Rose is standing on the very front of the ship leaning over the water:) I made the radiology technician crack up. She thought that was so funny. Even my mom was laughing so hard she forgot to take a picture.
.
Back to the story...have you figured out yet why I am at the doctor?
.
Here is a hint...do you see where the x-ray is in the above picture?
.
Well her comes the biggest clue...
.
.
.
.

Yep, I am going to be seeing the foot doctor. I have never been to one before.

This is a pretty cool chair. Can you see my foot?

Here's a better view. Do you see why I am here?

I like this doctor. NO shots, NO oxygen, NO breathing treatment and NO IVs. She just tickled my feet the whole time.

So what's the diagnosis...727.1 Bunion. Now, you probably want to know what they are going to do about it. Nothing. Yep not a thing. You see here is one very good thing about Down syndrome. Because my joints are so flexible, I have no pain and I have no trouble walking on it. My toes are still moving just fine and the bones are not scraping together, yet anyway. So the doctor said there is no need to do anything about it now. She did give me a few goofy things to wear between my toes, but they tickle so much I can't wear them. What a great appointment, no pain and no treatment plan.

7 comments:

Carol N. said...

You cracked me up with your Titanic moment too!

Adelaide Dupont said...

NOW I understand!

The title was a clue.

Bunions!

Great to see that hyperflexibility.

Karen said...

Yeah for a doctor appointment that is easy! I love the Titanic moment - hysterical!

Miekie said...

Hi Sarah
Adelaide gave me the link to your blog. I really enjoyed reading your post. I think my homeschool learner, Tamerin, will enjoy it too! You are an inspiration. Glad you have no pain in your feet. We'll visit again.

Rochelle said...

Still laughing over the Titanic comment. You are so funny Sarah. Thankful the appointment wasn't for anything serious and you don't have to have anything done with it for now.

To Love Endlessly said...

the titantic huh? That would've been a site to see in the dr. office! Glad it was an easy appointment.

zebrapatterns said...

Hey Sarah & Joyce!
Lucky you Sarah! I have an x-ray that USED to look just like yours! Since my bunion surgery on Tuesday it is all straightened up! Thanks for sharing your story! I am going to post your post on my blog and maybe you will get more followers!