My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Step on the Gas

I decided sewing is like driving. First we took a few practice runs with scrap material.

Then we brought over the real thing and my mom said, "Sarah, step on the gas."

Do you see the comb in my hair? I have to wear it when I am sewing so my hair doesn't get in the way. I have been working so hard to let it grow, I would hate to cut it off by accident.

My mom taught me how to guide the fabric on the side of the machine. I don't want my finger to get caught under that needle. I am almost at the end of the seam.

10 comments:

Meghan said...

Can't wait to see the finished product!

~ Teresa ~ said...

I can't wait to see what you are making all put together!

heidi marie said...

i, too can't wait to see the finished product. and don't worry you'll be a pro in no time. it takes awhile to get a groove going when sewing. it's not as easy as people think it is.

The VW's said...

Great job Sarah! I can't wait to see what you have made!

Kristin said...

Nice work! I love the princess fabric!

amy flege said...

so cool! you are doing a great job!!

Jessica said...

That is so cool that you are learnig to sew. I just got an old sewing machine and have been thinking of learning - maybe you can give me some tips????

To Love Endlessly said...

very cool Sarah! I'm really impressed!

JRS said...

Sarah, I'd give anything to have your mom teach me how to sew. You're a lucky youg woman.
---Jen

Adelaide Dupont said...

No, sewing isn't easy!

Love your look of concentrating there.

And the comb has come back into fashion all right!