My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Practice Makes Perfect

It is time to start cutting.

My mom made me a practice row so I could get the feel of cutting fabric.

It is a lot like cutting paper but it is best to leave it flat on the counter.

Once I got the hang of it, I was rolling. My mom said my OT would be so proud of me. Oh speaking of that, head on over to Ellen's blog and leave a tip about play/therapy ideas and you could win a $50 gift certificate to CVS.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Can't wait to see the finished product!

To Love Endlessly said...

is this at your house or a craft store? That's an awful lot of thread in the background there. Nice cutting Sarah!

Adrienne said...

Good job Sarah! Keep up the great work!

Cindy said...

You're doing a great job Sarah! Can't wait to see what you're making!

Rochelle said...

Great job Sarah. Oh the anticipation~

Carol N. said...

This is so exciting, Sarah! I'm loving watching the process of what you're making!