My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Loving Mission Visit from Utah

Today we had a loving visit from two beautiful young women all the way from Utah. My mom was telling them about all of our blogging friends who live in Utah.

This is Sister Stewart and Sister Barker. They are on their mission trip with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We did not know it, but there is a church not too far from where we live. They were so nice and shared wonderful testimony with us. It was an inspirational treat for this cold Valentine's Sunday.

13 comments:

Scarehaircare said...

Hey, the missionaries! Next time you see them, give them a hug from The Love Magnet. We currently livein Idaho, but we are originally from West Jordan, Utah.

Kristin said...

We love missionaries, too. Sometimes we have them over for dinner! My nephew is a missionary in Idaho right now :)

stephanie said...

What a nice way to spend Valentines day!

sturpin said...

Thanks for being nice to the missionaries! We love them!

Lacey said...

missionary's from Utah, go figure! None of them looked familiar though!

Kimberly said...

We know missionaries too! Our nephew is a mission in Wyoming. He's a Utah boy.
What a great Valentine's treat, a message of love!

Carrie said...

We love the missionaries here too! They have the best message of love!

To Love Endlessly said...

That does sound like a great way to spend a cold Valentine's Day.

COOLWHIP said...

We are in UT too, we love to have them over for meals..... feed them and they will be your best friend. Thank you for taking care of them!

Dano said...

Sister Stewart's my little sister. We're glad you had a pleasant visit. She mentioned Sarah in her letter home.

Stan said...

Sara and Mom,

Thanks for sharing the picture! Sister Stewart is my daughter. It was so fun to see a picture of her. I'm jealous of you. I would have loved to spend time with her on Valentine's Day. She is a Sweetheart! She told us how much she enjoyed the visit with the two of you. I hope you have many more opportunities to spend time with her!

Give my love to her next time you see her.

Stan Stewart

Emily said...

That is wonderful! We are waving "Hello" from Utah too! Say hi to the Sisters if you see them again! Happy Valentine's Day!

Hollyctr said...

That's wonderful! The sister's message is full of such love and clarity, it has made my life better than I could have imagined! I hope you get to meet with them often!