My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Late Breaking News ~ Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend

My mom told me we're having a little party. A Heart Party. To celebrate the 20th anniversary of my open heart surgery.

When I got downstairs, the table was all set with the good china. In the center I found this: a heart candle, Minnie Mouse who was with me every single minute I was in the hospital. They even let her go into the operating room. And my little red shoes.

There was a heart shaped cookie. Chocolate chip my favorite. It says "Love you."

And there was a present on my plate with a pretty red ribbon.

As soon as I sat down, my dad came over and gave it to me. He gave me a big kiss too.

Hmmm, I wonder what is in here?

Ohh it is a necklace in the shape of a heart. It is silver and has diamonds. I love diamonds.

My dad is helping me put it on.

Oh I love it!!! This is really special.

How do you like it?

Even Matt came over to give me a kiss. I guess today is sorta like a big deal.

Ahh finally. One of my favorite meals, ravioli. And milk of course.

After dinner my mom said she had a special song picked out just for me.
We ate my cookie while she serenaded us. This was a special night that I will always remember.

24 comments:

Amy L said...

What a beautiful celebration! Sarah, I love the picture on your header, you look so pretty!
Amy

Courtney said...

Congratulations, Sarah and Happy Heart Day! Your necklace is beautiful. May you wear it for the next twenty years with a happy, healthy heart!

JRS said...

Oh Sarah, that's so special. Happy anniversary! You are deeply loved and cherished. Thank you for sharing yourself with us.
---Jen

Heidi said...

What a special day and a great way to celebrate! I love your new necklace - so pretty!

Emily said...

That is a wonderful way to celebrate your Happy Heart Day! LOVE it and your amazing heart too!

Adelaide Dupont said...

Blinking away the tears from when your Dad put on the necklace and Matt kissed you, not to mention the song Heartland.

Happy Heart Day!

Shelley said...

Happy heart anniversary - I love that necklace - diamonds look great on you Sarah!

Karen said...

It IS a big day, Sarah. Happy Heart Day - you're beautiful!

Mary said...

What a wonderful celebration! The necklace is beautiful!

The VW's said...

What a special day for your family! I love that you celebrated this way! Pretty necklace Sarah!

Rochelle said...

Congratulations Sarah.

Happy heart day to you!
Your necklace is beautiful. And you look beautiful wearing it.

What a great celebration to rememeber your very special day!

Tsquared417 said...

I love everything about this. YEAH!!

Beverly said...

happy Heart Day Sarah. wonderful day to celebrate! a wonderful gift too.

jjpsmommy07 said...

Happy Heart Day Sarah, I love your beautiful necklace.

JennyH said...

Awe! What a great family you have Sarah. Love the necklace. It looks great on you.

Christy said...

Once again, you have me in tears. What a beautiful thing for your parents to do. Shows how much you mean to them.

Kimy said...

Sarah- what a special day! Happy heart day to you! I need to remember this when Maddy is older so that we can have a celebration for her too! I love your new heart necklace. It's very pretty!

stephanie said...

OH Sarah, very special!!!
This one gave me goosebumps and happy tears!

Becca said...

Beautiful, Sarah!! Happy anniversary. This is a wonderful thing to celebrate, and in such a wonderful way. We will have a similar such celebration for Samantha, I am sure.

motherofangels said...

Your such a sweet girl! I hope my little Macy grows up to be like you!

Heather said...

I love your necklace Sarah ... beautiful,just like you.I especially like the picture with your dad putting it on you.

What a special celebration ...around here we call Zoey's heart day her "2nd Birthday".

Thank you once again for sharing a part of your life with all of us .. we are so blessed

Kristin said...

What a great celebration - and a beautiful necklace too!

Bonnie said...

Thank you for sharing Sarah! You ARE a big deal! Hope I get to see the necklace next week in music. And way to go mom for that Jim Brickman serenade!! ;-)

Michelle said...

happy heart day! you've come such a long way!