My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

It's a Match, It's a Match

As soon as the nurse brought in the DVD player yesterday, I decided I had to have my own. I used to have one but it stopped working. All afternoon I kept asking my mom to take me to the store. Finally late last night she took me to Target. When we got there I told her I had to ride in a wheelchair. Remember, I got that shot in my booty.

So we head back to the electronics section. She hands me the only one on the shelf. But it is not the one I want. I want the white one. So my little brother went looking for a red shirt. Haaa that's what we call the people who work in Target. I want to work there one day too.

This really nice guy comes to help me and finds just want I want in the locked case. I am so happy and I have enough Target cards from Christmas to pay for it.

This morning I had to go back to get round two of my shots. I packed up my new DVD player so I could watch my own movie today.

Oh what the heck!!! They gave me two shots today. Now both of my hips are killing me. I am so glad I have High School Musical 3 with me. Just looking at Zac Effron makes me feel better. When it was time to leave I asked my mom if she would take me to Arbys. I was so hungry for a roast beef sandwich. She said, "Sure Sarah. You have been such a brave girl."
.
So we are driving along and all of a sudden my mom decides to turn down a road I have never been on. I asked where we were going and she said she thought it was a short cut to Arby's. And then I saw something. I started screaming, "It's a match. It's a match. It's a match." My mom was startled. She looked back and said, "Sarah what is wrong?" "It's a match. Look Mom. It's a match." She gave me that whatever are you talking about look. "Mom, c'mon. My new DVD player. It's a match."
.
She looked over to where I was pointing. "Oh my gosh Sarah. You are so smart." She turned the car around and went back to take a picture...

If you don't see it...scroll up and look at the picture of me holding my new DVD player. At the time I did not know what it said, but I recognized the blue letters. Now I know it spells P.h.i.l.i.p.s. So today I am feeling much better. One more trip to the doctor tomorrow.
.
Oh one more thing. My little buddy Jaxson has been really sick. He is a little better today, but he still needs our prayers.

14 comments:

ABandCsMom said...

Sarah, I'm so sorry you had to have so many of those awful shots. I bet you're feeling better though!

Carly always took her DVD player with us to the doctor too. She wore hers out! We need a new one. Maybe I'll have to take her to Target to find a white one just like yours.

Rita Andrews said...

Sarah Im glad you are feeling better. Shots are not fun but they make you feel so much better.

I love your new DVD player...and yes you got a match...way to go!

Stephanie said...

Sarah,
WOW! You inspire me...I am sitting here crying my eyes out! Crying my eyes out because, you are amazing! I happened to find your blog through my friend, Kelle's blog. Her daughter was born last week,and also has Down Syndrome. I saw you left a comment on her blog, so of course I had to check out yours. I am so happy I did. Thank you. Consider me a new 'follower' of your blog! :)

Stephanie

Heidi said...

I'm so glad you are starting to feel better Sarah ... you have had some rough days.

The new dvd player is so exciting - I'm glad it helped make you feel better after getting your shots!

Carrie said...

Yikes! Shots are no fun! Miss B had to have 4 today!

I'm glad you're feeling better and way to go finding a match!

Sumithra said...

Oh Sarah, I'm sorry that you had to have two shots! Hope you are feeling better now. Your DVD players looks really cool.

Tina said...

Sarah I'm so sorry to read about all the shots you had to get, but I bet you're feeling much better alread, plus the new DVD players must have made you really happy.
I want to say that I love your header picture on top you look beautiful

Mel said...

Sarah, you always make me smile. I love a woman who knows what she wants :) And fabulous reading too, with the matching. Glad you are feeling well enough to keep your mum on her toes!

Karen said...

Sarah, you're so observant! And incredibly brave. I can't believe you walked right into that hospital KNOWING that you were getting shots.

Do you have a Buzzy Bee? It helps with the shots. We have one that we're not using and would be glad to share if you'd like to try it.

The VW's said...

Sarah, you are one smart lady and obviously very observant!

Congrats on your new DVD player! Have fun with it!

Hope you continue to feel better and hopefully your doctor and shot days will be over very soon!

Love and Hugs!!!

Rochelle said...

Way to go Sarah, it is a match! You continue to amaze us.

What fun shopping with your gift cards. Hope it took your mind off your sore bum!

Hope you are feeling better and enjoying movies.

Mama Mason-Mann said...

Nice job matching, Sarah! Sorry about all those shots! Hope you continue to feel better! I'm thinking of Jaxson too!!!

Alex's Mom said...

Hi Sarah - I am so glad you are feeling better - want to know something funny? High School Musical 3 is Alex's favorite movie too!

Adelaide Dupont said...

Phillips is a very reliable machine, especially for the discerning consumer.

Glad you were able to luxuriate while Zac Efron was being entertaining.

(If you had had Starlight wishes back in the day, that's probably what you would have asked for, or whoever was cool in the 1990s).

I think you'll think of working at Target or Arby's, especially in the electronics department.