My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, February 22, 2010

I Advanced to the Monster...

...that's what my mom calls this machine, the monster. She says the monster is to be feared because it sews and cuts at the same time. It has two really sharp blades and it will cut anything in it's path.

So I had to be extra careful to keep my hand where she taught me. On the side gently gliding the fabric to keep it in place. It does give a really nice edge to the seams.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your project when it's all done! Looks like you are working hard but having fun!

Little Miss E said...

This is why I crochet! The monster and I do not get along! I'm glad to see it likes you much better!! Have fun with your project!

Dovic said...

How awesome! Bet she loves sewing things. Inspires me to want to pull out my own dusty monster....