My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Funky Chicken for Dinner?

A follow up from Joyce: This morning while Sarah and I are doing our typical get ready routine she says to me, "Mom, are we having that funky chicken for dinner?" baahhhh... how could I ever let this comedian live somewhere else. Seriously, no one makes me laugh more than Sarah.

So after yesterday's bizarre sequence, I woke up feeling refreshed and energized. Then I tried to establish my high speed connection to the whole wide world and it was not happening. No signal. Just as well. I was super productive around the house, running errands, tackling my to-do list at the office and Matt and I even hit the grocery store on the way home.

Which put us home well after Sarah. I know I have written on here before that Sarah does carry keys to let herself in the house when she gets off the bus. She loves doing it. And after yesterday's post, I want to make sure that I am not stifling her independence. I do think I need to be more aware of that at times.

At any rate, I hear Matt yell from the top of the steps, "Mom, bring the camera upstairs." "Oh boy, now what?" I say to myself. For some reason, I'm thinking water damage from ice damns on the roof. Nope. Instead it is for a Sarah sighting. This is what he found...


Oh please no pictures.

Sarah what's wrong? Does your head hurt?
No
Are you hot?
No
Are you sick?
No
Do you have pain?
No
Why do you have the cloth on your head?
For my brain. I'm thinking.
Oh...

Then the phone rings. It's TJ. So Sarah has to tell him about her brain. While I listen to what she has to say to her brother, I am reminded of what I wrote in my response to Ellen yesterday: my goal is for Sarah to be happy and content. And right now she is the happiest and most content person I know. And with that, just wait until you see the awesome project we are working on...

9 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

I think I need to start putting a cloth on my head when I'm thinking too! Maybe that's what I've been doing wrong all these years! :)

Sonia said...

hahahaha...that's classic! I should try putting a towel on Katie's head too! Can't wait to see this super project!

Dovic said...

The wierd thing about this post? I feel like putting a towel over my head too :)

The VW's said...

Sarah, you are so funny! You bring so much joy to this world!

Karen said...

How ever did you come up with that idea? It's something that I would never have thought of.

Rochelle said...

So happy for a great follow up to the funky chicken. You both make me laugh daily. Thanks for your words and insight on life. Hope today is a great day too!

Can't wait to see what project you girls are up to now!

Lacey said...

Oh Sarah, leave it to you to always make me laugh!

To Love Endlessly said...

a thinking cloth. maybe that's what I need. ;-) Can't wait to see the project!

AZ Chapman said...

maybe a comic is in Sarah's future lol glad u are feeling ther