My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Cherished Package

Just before bedtime, my mom opened the front door and discovered a package.

She brought it up to my room. She said it is from one of our bloggy friends.

Oh this is exciting. I carefully opened it...

...and found purple crinkle wrap. My mom loved that cause you know how she is about anything purple.

Inside were two sweet little fabric pouches tied with ribbon.

And a really nice note. It is from Polly and Kristen who is really sick. We have been praying for her a lot lately. She is waiting for a bone marrow transplant and her brother is going to be the donor. I think that is really special.

Look at what was inside. Oh my gosh they are so beautiful. My mom and I have never had matching bracelets. This is so nice. Thank you so much Polly. We love them and will always think of you and Kristen when we wear them.

10 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

The bracelets and the card are very special.

And WOW to the purple crinkly paper.

It's great when your friends think of you.

stephanie said...

They are beautiful! How extremely thoughtful of Polly and Kristen!

Lianna said...

So thoughtful and beautiful!♥

Kristen's mom said...

Glad you like the bracelets. I get rather bored sitting in the hospital. I took some beads with me and made Kristen and I a matching set. Then I read your blog about your mothers birthday and I thought I would make a set for you too. You and your mom are special. Thanks again for the cards you have made for Kristen.

Tsquared417 said...

That is precious!

Rochelle said...

What a great surprise!

To Love Endlessly said...

What a beautiful gift!

JennyH said...

How sweet of them! I love the bracelets. They look really nice on you guys.

Kim Rees said...

Those bracelets are gorgeous! What a fantastic gift!

Kristen said...

OH, those are pretty!!