My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Sarah's Heart Surgery Fact Sheet

Twenty years ago today...I typed up this fact sheet on an IBM Selectric type writer, to send to our relatives and friends about Sarah's upcoming heart surgery. I guess you could say it is "Blogging 1990 Style." The form of communication is so very different now, yet when I read over the description of the surgery, much is still the same today. You should be able to click each picture to enlarge it, if you wish to read the details.



4 comments:

Courtney said...

Yesterday we celebrated Lucy's 2nd Happy Heart Day. Not much has changed in how the surgery is performed. Lucy's hole was patched with Gortex. We were allowed to stay with her the entire time, though, which was great. We were able to do direct blood donations, as well. My mom and I donated a unit each for Lucy's surgery. Oh, and our insurance DID NOT cover 100% of her surgery! Haha.

Did Sarah's surgery end up being February 7th? That's my birthday. I was turning 15! hee hee hee. Happy Heart Day, Sarah!!

Stephanie said...

We are coming up on the 3rd anniversary of Aiden's first OHS, Feb 15th.

Kim Rees said...

Sarah, Happy Heart Day! You know we can totally relate to what you went through. You are a great role model and we are so glad we got to meet you through the blogging community while we were going through Lily's heart surgeries.

starrlife said...

We had our surgery for Kayli's ASD and PDA repair in Boston and they had this thing called Carepages where you could post from the internet right on the unit- it was super cool. I love your letters though.