My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Precious Vivienne has a Forever Family

a message from Joyce: One evening in December while scrolling through the photos on Reece's Rainbow website, I came upon this picture. This sweet, adorable face seemed to be looking straight at me. I fell in love instantly. Her eyes are so beautiful, yet it was her reddish hair and her porcelain white skin that got to me. She could be my daughter. I learned that sweet Vivienne was in an orphanage in the Ukraine. Because of aging regulations, I quickly realized that we would not be able to provide her a home. So instead I began to include her in my nightly prayers, hoping she would find a home soon.

Today I learned from Renee at Life with my Special K's that she has indeed found her forever family and will also be coming home with a new sister from the same orphanage. It is certainly a happy day. Vivienne's new family has other adopted children, so they understand the process. Unfortunately, it is not quick or inexpensive. They need our help. If you are in a position of making a donation, they are all set up on Paypal. Just clink on this link that will take you to their blog to help financially or simply to read about their journey.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a coincidence, I was also quite taken with her. We donated to her during the Christmas giving tree campaign. I am so happy she found a family! I wish she was mine!

Heather said...

Us here too!My heart is so happy when I see one that we have fallen in love with, find a forever family.It's the best feeling.Vera and Darya were two other little loves that I so wish could have been mine and they too have found their forever families.Awesome.Truly awesome.

Kristin said...

I love good news like this!!!!