My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Oh What a Day!!!

So my mom was a little worried about her 50th birthday...

She received this letter in the mail from AARP. She was not too happy about that. Then she went to buy a new pair of cool boots and she came home with fur lined granny boots. If that wasn't enough, she bought a box of new vitamins for 50+ advantage.

But things were about to take a turn for the better...

My grandma and grandpa came to Cleveland and we took my mom to The Cheesecake Factory. We are just sitting at the table looking at the menu, when all of a sudden I looked up and there was my big brother TJ and his girlfriend Julie walking toward us. My mom started to cry because she did not know he was coming. She thought he was still at college.

Yep, those are my hands down in the corner playing with my little brother Matt's iPod touch. I love playing skeeball on that thing.

Now let me tell you when TJ walked in he was carrying this big box. My mom loved it because it was purple. I wonder what is in there?

So did my mom. She was trying to peak to get a hint. But her eyes are going bad, so she couldn't read the fine print. And then I saw the Dell logo. I pumped my arm and yelled, "YES." This is a good present for her, but even better for me. Now she won't be in my bedroom trying to steal mine:)

They even got her a purple mouse. She is so surprised. I think the guys got her good. It is really hard to surpise her.

Oh mom...there are some people here to see you. Look the other way....

...haaaaa, a bunch of waiters brought her a piece of cheesecake and sang Happy Birthday. She was a little embarrassed. I think she had a really good night...Now we have to take her home and there are some more presents waiting for her from her parents.

12 comments:

Karen said...

Happy Birthday, Joyce! And congrats on your own laptop. ;)

Lacia said...

Happy Birthday Joyce. Hope it was awesome!

And 50 is the new 30 right?

Cammie Heflin said...

Looks like a fun night!

Rochelle said...

What an awesome birthday and to have all 3 kids there to celebrate makes it even more special. Yeah for family surprises.

Beverly said...

Happy, happy Birthday!!!! hope you had a great day and a year full of blessings.

Kim Rees said...

That is so sweet! What a fantastic present to get you! Very thoughtful! Happy Birthday Joyce! You deserve it!

Becca said...

Happy Birthday, Joyce! Looks like you guys had a great time!

starrlife said...

I am soooo jealous! looks like a great time was had by all!

ABandCsMom said...

Happy Birthday Joyce! Looks like you had a great day!

Michelle said...

happy 50th to Joyce!

Sharon said...

Happy birthday Joyce. Glad you had a great time.

JennyH said...

WOW! What an awesome birthday you had Joyce! I hope my 50th will be as great as yours.