My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cell Phone Success

A Message from Mom: It is mid afternoon and I am busy at my desk at work. Just as I started to leave my seat, I hear my cell phone ringing in my purse. Very few people have my number, so when it does ring, I know it is important. When I look at the caller ID, it indicates it is Sarah calling. My first thought was, "Hurray, she did it!!!"

She had mastered answering her phone, but we were still working on her calling out. It is more difficult as she has to scroll down through the numbers in the address book to locate who she wants to call and then hit send.

As soon as I said "Hello Sarah," she started talking so fast I could not understand a word she was saying. And the more she was talking the more excited her voice was getting. I started to panic. I said to her, "Sarah...Sarah...Sarah...stop talking and listen. "Are you hurt?"

"No mom. Didn't you hear me. I said there was a package on the porch. It's for me. I opened it. It is a blanket..."

12 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

One of Jaxson's blankets, perhaps?

Very very special!

And it's well to get excited in this way.

Oh: I see it's on the top of the website.

Good job Sarah and Joyce!

Karen said...

Is that the blanket in your header? It looks so warm and snuggly!

Rochelle said...

Yeah for Sarah! Glad it was just excitement and not an emergency!

JennyH said...

It's the little things!

Glad she was OK and just super excited about the blanket!

Cammie Heflin said...

Oh Sarah, I love your stories!!!

To Love Endlessly said...

ha, I love it! Just like the time you rushed home to help her brush her teeth. and there she was doing ti herself. I bet she's thinking..."you worry for nothing sometimes mom." :-)

Adelaide Dupont said...

I wonder if you Elys have set up speed dial on the mobile phone.

I would press 1 or 2 to call my mother when I was out in public.

Kristin said...

Nice job Sarah!!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love new visitors! :) I just read through a bit of your blog. Sarah is an amazing girl, with a beautiful smile. How fun that she got a blanket, and managed to call and tell you about it!!

Kim Rees said...

Sarah, welcome to the world of cellular phones! Congratulations! You did great and I LOVE that cool horse blanket you got in the mail!

Mel said...

Way to go Sarah! Next thing she'll be texting you Joyce :) Then you won't know what hit you!

The VW's said...

Great job Sarah! I love your new blanket!