My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Temporary Hiatus...

...for just a few days while we pen the annual Ely Enquirer. It's our crazy, zainy holiday letter that we started back in the mid 90's. The first year it was really my warped sense of humor going into overdrive. I was so tired of reading about perfect children, perfect vacations, perfect promotions, new BIG houses, private school selections and trading in the old BMW for the latest model in others newsletters, that I decided to write about our life.

You know, like weekly ambulance rides, daily calls from bill collectors, vomit, VOMIT and more vomit, dreaming of not a vacation but just one night of peaceful rest, overflowing suction machines, IEP wrestling matches, lost children, winning a game of durable medical supplier bingo, a visit with Santa IN THE HOSPITAL, dead batteries in the hand me down model cars. Yea, that kind of stuff. You know what I'm talkin' about.

And guess what? People loved it. I have tried not doing it a couple of times but the backlash is too much to bear. Oh speaking of BARE, would the kind person who has been leaving nice comments on our blog that links to a Japanese p*or*n site, please refrain. You're given my thirteen year old ideas that just shouldn't be happening quite yet. Thank you.

OK, gotta get back to editing. I'm curious, how many of you write an annual holiday newsletter? It's easy to vote, look for the poll on the side bar.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Nope, no annual newsletter from me. LOL!! If they want to know what is going on, they can check the blog.

Heather said...

Hope you'll be sharing because Joyce,you are a scream.I would LOVE to read it.

As for the p*or*n site,um,ours as of late, are not Japanese but Russian/Ukraine ... I have moderation so I scan before I post... I mean not scan the links and the sites but the messages,you know what I mean !!

Get back to editing and by the way,love the header picture.Sarah,you are SO cute!

Dovic said...

WOW. What an awesome blog. Came across it when scanning another (shamptons). I really really love it :).

And no, I NEVER do newsletters.


Dovic