My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Honesty...a Birthday Message

No legacy is so rich as honesty
- William Shakespeare

This picture was taken this summer when we were in Florida. There is something beautiful about being at the ocean and watching the sunset. It is so peaceful. Tonight at dinner we were all talking about peace, honesty and wisdom.

Today is my Dad's birthday. He is 49. He said he is hopefully getting wiser as he is getting older and something he wants us to know is it is never a good idea to lie. There is an old Yiddish proverb that says, A half truth is a whole lie. Sometimes it might seem like a lie is helping, but in the end it will catch up to you.

Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.
- Thomas Jefferson

That was a good message. Happy Birthday Dad.

6 comments:

Jasmine said...

Sarah, that was beautiful.

Happy Birthday to your dad.

I love the ocean too. xox

stephanie said...

That's a great message!!!!
A lie will always come back to bite you!
Happy Birthday to your very wise Dad!!

And Sarah you look so beautiful in that picture with your Dad!

Kristen said...

Aww, Sarah, that is a great dad you have! I cannot even imagine how wonderful it must be to sit around the dinner table and hear a father speak such positive, reflective thoughts. What a gift he gives you by doing so. And not just doing it, but living it out too.

Kim said...

Hope your dad had a great birthday!

Perplexing Situation said...

Love that line that 1/2 the truth is a whole lie. how true is that!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday!!! Looking forward to the big 5-0 next year?? Wow, almost half a century!! :)