My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Do You Fat Quarter?

A message from Joyce: If you do, you know what I'm talking about. If not, that sorta sounds insulting doesn't it? Well I have gotten back to quilting with a vengeance. I even have Sarah involved now. I just love, love, love the honey buns, jelly rolls, layer cakes and turnovers from Moda. Sarah and I definitely have some favorite designers. Don't worry, we will be showing off our work soon.

Back to the fat quarter. I have found an awesome website to order high quality quilting fabric and it is indeed called the Fat Quarter Shop. I recently wrote about it on my other blog.

But here is why I am telling you about them today. They have an awesome contest going on their blog. You can pick anything from their website and write a letter to Santa telling him about it and you might win the item you wish for. If you click HERE you can read my letter to Santa.

P.S. A fat quarter is simply a way of cutting fabric. Instead of cutting a quarter yard 9 x45, it is cut 18 x 23 which gives a quilter a nicer chunk of fabric to work with:)

5 comments:

heidi marie said...

i love the fatquarter website. they have so many cute fabrics. i just wish they were cheaper!

Anonymous said...

Hi Joyce and Sarah. This is Christy. I was one of the nurses at CC. I remember your little quilt and all the cute clothes your mom would make for you. I have been lurking on your blog for awhile now. I can't believe how grown up you are. Do you still have your little quilt? Have a happy holiday.

Karen said...

While I'm not a quilter, I LOVE the fat quarters. The colors and designs are some of the best in the fabric shops, and come in handy for making shirts.

Shelley said...

I love quilting too - I hope Hannah does one day too. The Chrismassy makeover looks fab - love the poor little baby in the Christmas stocking - the things we do to poor innocents!! She looks beautiful of course.

Perplexing Situation said...

What a wonderful letter to "santa" and what a wonderful idea to make another quilt for your survivor. just touching...